• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

abnormal droppings- Help!!

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
@rosemary welcome to the club of budgie parents who obsess over their poops. :joyful: Like everyone else has said they look normal. My guys get colors depending on what they eat. Don't hesitate to come here with your questions. People here have lots of experience which they are more than willing to share.

rosemary

Strolling the yard
AND like clockwork: a couple days later (6) wet overnight poop again :lol:
night poop 2.jpg

going with the opinion that this is his normal- could this be the result of sprouted seeds? They get sprouted seeds/legumes/grains for dinner. However wet poop occurs in the morning hours (they seem wet currently). Budgie metabolism is relatively fast- could this be because of their dinner? Almost 7-8hrs later?

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
I'm not sure about the metabolism effect and morning dropings. I've noticed that if my guys are chewing on their cuttlebone, the next morning's droppings are wet. Same if they change what veggie or green or the amount they are eating. As you say, their metabolism is fast, so why doesn't it show sooner?