• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Able to give bird a forever home

lovethebirds

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
My family and I bought my grandparents house last year and now settled down I’d like to adopt a bird or two. I have experience from parakeets to green wing macaw. Mostly with conure, cockatoos and macaws. Helping with behavioral issues and plucking. I have bird cages stored. Can keep previous owner informed from time to time with updates on progress. Right now we Just have no bird in the house. I miss having one and wondered if anyone in this forum can help point me in the right direction.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They posted this in another thread….

I’m in Clearfield pa and can possibly help with your beautiful conures. Pm me and we can chat?

Unfortunately they won’t be able to PM as they don’t have a high enough post count but the conversation could start here.

lovethebirds

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
I’m located in Clearfield Pa. My grandmother whom lives up the road from me still has one of the rescues we helped - a little green check conure from a woman who couldn’t keep him. He is adorable But a bit nippy at times lol. What else.. I have references. I have dealt with plucking and using collars to working with untamed birds building trust and having them be tame knowing what love is. . I’ve loved birds ever since I was a little girl.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I volunteer with Pearl parrot rescue located in Pittsburgh. If you're interested in adopting, there is information on the website about the process, available birds, etc. I think Pearl is probably the closest rescue to you. I am not aware of any in your area. (I grew up around there.)

lovethebirds

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Youre right there isn’t one any where in my area. I appreciate the information on pearl. I’m over a 2 hour drive though. Does that make a difference or the fact I have a 2 yr old daughter in the home? I know some rescues have certain criteria

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Youre right there isn’t one any where in my area. I appreciate the information on pearl. I’m over a 2 hour drive though. Does that make a difference or the fact I have a 2 yr old daughter in the home? I know some rescues have certain criteria
I think if you're interested in adopting, you should go ahead and apply. I would say go ahead and PM but I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you can?