• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A wonderful nest!

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
A birdie made this nest, my sister found it in the tree. I climbed the tree and took a look at it, and found sunflower seeds! Will keep you all updated on it if I see anything new, although I won't check on it too often so I don't share off the birdie/birdies, I think it might be a Robin nest
20210813_200452.jpg

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
Wow!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Be careful about climbing tree please.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Don't worry @Lady Jane , it's not that high up, I'll show you a picture later to reassure you, but thank you for caring about me:) I appreciate it!

vivi27

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
lin
The baby birds thought about feeding time, when they heard you. :)

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't worry @Lady Jane , it's not that high up, I'll show you a picture later to reassure you, but thank you for caring about me:) I appreciate it!
imo you shouldnt be climbing a tree to look at a nest it could stress the parents and the chicks

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
There were no birds around, the trees in my yard are mostly with few leaves so I'm sure I didn't see a bird around, also the bird who built the nest likely knows my sisters like to play near the tree as they do play there often

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That´s a nice nest.

I would stay away from the tree and advise the others to aswell. I like to use binoculars with an attachment for my phone to take pics from a distance of the nests in the trees on my street. Ask around, see if you can find some binocuilars to borrow so you can observe from a safe distance :)

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Thank you Zara, I will definitely do this!

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Cool! Last night I dreamed there was a bird nest falling from the sky/somewhere high, and I caught it without any of the eggs falling out or breaking. I have weird dreams.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Feathered cool! What a neat thing to find. Wish I could still climb trees.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
@finchly it's not that high, I can't climb that well too be honest:laughing6: but I've decided to practice on my tree recently!

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
Lovely nest!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
The Dark Eyed Junkos here suddenly started hanging out by the fence where they were building a new nest after I ran over the old one with my lawn mower :( I'm hoping they have decided to continue building the new nest again as they were mostly no where to be found after it got hot here so was worried we scared them off and they moved on. I was hoping they'd raise another clutch and we could watch over them so nothing bad happens this time.
I climbed two trees when Lurch escaped 6 years ago, one big pine I was probably 30 feet up, but I have done chimney repairs for 30 some years and used to REALLY climb trees up till the branches wouldn't hold me when I was a kid
:devil:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
and used to REALLY climb trees up till the branches wouldn't hold me when I was a kid
LOL me, too!
I joined a women’s group a few years ago. They kind of tricked me into coming to their meeting, to invite me, by getting my husband to bring me while he gave a presentation. So this lady in the group told the story that she used to be my babysitter, and I would climb in this tree and wouldn’t come down! They did invite me in anyway.