• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A wild pigeon

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
A wild pigeon was found injured by my boyfriend and his dad about a month ago. It still cannot fly, so they decided to keep it as a pet. The wing looks warped when it stretches. Any chance it could heal on its own or usually impossible? The pigeon seems pretty happy living in a shed , and walks around, even outside but comes back. Also, does anyone know if the pigeon is older or younger by its colorations? Here is a photo of it :)
A7A1BE86-4429-4D0A-81DA-E34142405819.jpeg

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Highly doubtful it will be able to fly again. If it has bands on it's legs it was a racing pigeon. Couldn't tell from the photo.

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
Sounds like it could be someone’s lost pet if it’s not afraid of people and sticking around.

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
Disclaimer: I am not an expert at all.

Is it friendly/docile? City pigeons get used to people being around them, but I don't think they are actively friendly. Does it let you pet it, and seem relaxed around people? It could potentially be somebody's pet that escaped and flew away.

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
My boyfriend can't pet it. It took 2 months to be able to gain enough trust to climb on his hand with a glove to get out of the tub it was in. I was mistaken, my bf said his dad found it 3 months ago, not 1 month.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He looks young,,could be an old injury, best seen by a vet,,,maybe he was a pet, or just exhausted, and decided you were his best bet..