• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

a water fountain for the birds. will it be safe?

~Drini~

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
@ode.to.parrots

Yes it portrays a dangerous situation but rest assured that it was animated for a company commercial. No birds were harmed in the making :)

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
@ode.to.parrots

Yes it portrays a dangerous situation but rest assured that it was animated for a company commercial. No birds were harmed in the making :)
That's what I thought! But still... I'm ashamed. :bash:

datlamb

Sprinting down the street
i found the picture pretty funny, lol. particularly because so many people got up in arms thinking the bird was real. but i can understand how such a thing can still bother some people, even if it's a fake bird

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
I know this is a really old thread. But I found it helpful and have some questions.
I just bought a fountain myself. And wonder what the filter is for. It says it’s a charcoal filter. Do I need it? I know you use charcoal to keep an aquarium clean but that is it.
Some people said they used alternatives. Does anyone else do that? And how is it working out?

This is the one I bought
1674253454739.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Charcoal filter also helps catch any fur, feathers, seed hulls, etc so it doesn't get through the pump, too. Not sure what you would use for an alternative...maybe an empty bio bag?

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
@Mizzely thank you!

@DoubleTake do you have any experience to share?
I personally remove the filter since Loki uses it with fresh water every time and the fountain is cleaned and dried when she is done bathing. If I did use the filter, I'd probably rinse it everything I cleaned it.