• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures A thread for photos of my and my brother's reptiles, tarantulas, and scorpions

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

image0000001_02.jpg

Rescue baby. :heart: I would die for him. image0000011_03.jpg image0000021_01.jpg
Don't worry Lil buddy you are home and you're going to feel much better soon. :swoon:

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Awwww :heart: He's gorgeous! I love him <3

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Prismo and Finn:jawdrop1::loveshower: They are gorgeous! All your babies are beautiful. I am very impressed you manage to keep Them all Nice and happy! My crew right now is big enough:roflmao: My OH would love a reptile some Day, as woud I. But I am not really sure about how to take care of them. We Will learn in time of course:)

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Prismo and Finn:jawdrop1::loveshower: They are gorgeous! All your babies are beautiful. I am very impressed you manage to keep Them all Nice and happy! My crew right now is big enough:roflmao: My OH would love a reptile some Day, as woud I. But I am not really sure about how to take care of them. We Will learn in time of course:)
Honestly? I've got no social life. :p Agoraphobia and anxiety keeps me home most of the time.

There are a lot of easier to keep reptiles out there. Ball pythons are a bit trickier than people think, but many New Calcedonian geckos are a little easier. And they're nocturnal, meaning you get a buddy while the birds are in bed. Food's not too difficult either. Plus, if you have the proper buggy clean up crew and heat/humidity, you're pretty much all set.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
IMG_20191030_153502612.jpg IMG_20191030_153448540.jpg
I am so in love with this baby. He is so calm and docile.

Found out more about him and I am so done with humans;
  1. He came from an accidental breeding. His parents were cohabitated (WHY?!?!?!?!)
  2. The breeder sold him to the Dude for 1000$ (again, WHY)
  3. He invested 2000$ of equipment in this baby...
  4. Then realized he was terrified of the baby. (??????? This guy is super sweet and smol and NEUROLOGICALLY DISABLED)
  5. Dude stopped cleaning his enclosure out of sheer terror (?????)
  6. aND TAPED HIS FREAKING ENCLOSURE SHUT. IT HAS A FULLY FUNCTIONAL LOCK. HE CANNOT OPEN IT EVEN IF HE WAS PERFECTLY HEALTHY.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
View attachment 318770 View attachment 318771
I am so in love with this baby. He is so calm and docile.

Found out more about him and I am so done with humans;
  1. He came from an accidental breeding. His parents were cohabitated (WHY?!?!?!?!)
  2. The breeder sold him to the Dude for 1000$ (again, WHY)
  3. He invested 2000$ of equipment in this baby...
  4. Then realized he was terrified of the baby. (??????? This guy is super sweet and smol and NEUROLOGICALLY DISABLED)
  5. Dude stopped cleaning his enclosure out of sheer terror (?????)
  6. aND TAPED HIS FREAKING ENCLOSURE SHUT. IT HAS A FULLY FUNCTIONAL LOCK. HE CANNOT OPEN IT EVEN IF HE WAS PERFECTLY HEALTHY.
Poor baby :darkcloud:. You would think the guy would atleast go hold a snake or something to make sure he’s not, you know TERRIFIED of them.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Poor baby :darkcloud:. You would think the guy would atleast go hold a snake or something to make sure he’s not, you know TERRIFIED of them.
I know, right? He's had him for the better part of two years. o_O And bought him as a baby... But he's not a particularly large, thicc, fast, or defensive animal.

Then again, he scared my mom. :dead: By slowly raising his head to look at the hand she was waving over him like she was afraid. She's handled larger and smaller ball pythons, including another spider at an expo.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
IMG_20191030_220825243.jpg
The tape is still on his enclosure door. -_-
IMG_20191030_220731903.jpg
It's still barren in there, but you can see the tape easier.
IMG_20191031_095734241.jpg
Giorno shed all over his enclosure and is looking much better today, tho. It looks like both of his eyecaps came off on their own now that he's got some proper humidity. :) IMG_20191031_095756757.jpg

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Giorno is looking much better now, but we found out that "he" is actually a Jolyne. :D
IMG_20191118_150408366.jpg
IMG_20191116_123944575.jpg
Screenshot_20191117-221650.png
I know, the room is a mess, but she's in quarantine in the spare room. ;-;

And Amethyst is doing well, too :) They're both eating humanely euthanized food.

Screenshot_20191108-164946.png IMG_20191115_182939796.jpg
Both of these girls are a dream to have. :) Amethyst already stopped pretending to bite me and they're both quite accustomed to handling.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Look at those sweet little boop snoots! :swoon: