• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A sudden change in plans

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is Aries coming back?

SmallFeather

Walking the driveway
@Zara I wish, but that is not the case.

@Ripshod Yes! I thought I was going to purchase another cockatiel from a breeder, but it really bothered me because I preach “adopt don’t shop”. It just so happens that a parrotlet in a less than ideal situation went up on Craigslist that same week. I’m picking the parrotlet up on November 2nd! I’m so excited to work with this bird and give her a better life!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I'm so pleased. Not that I was right you understand, but that you are giving another break a chance at a better life ;)
I'm sure she'll do great with you.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh how wonderful! :loveshower: I´m ever so pleased you will be bringing home a second bird and offering the Plet a loving home :) Hopeefully your Tiel will enjoy singing with her :) Congratulations ❤

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:congrats5:
That’s wonderful!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sad day. The sellers never showed up. Luckily we didn't lose any money, just time, but I'm really disappointed. :(
I'm sorry to hear this.

I had a similar thing happen last year. We agreed to buy a budgie off CL...and agreed to meet in a parking lot of a hospital in Ohio. (safety always first)

Took my brother with me...and they never showed up. No money was exchanged (like in your case)...and the exact same ad showed up on CL the next day.

My guess...a scam, possibly a robbery was the plan...someone obviously got scared when they saw two big guys sitting in a car with a bird cage...;)