• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Simple Request

ConureGuy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paul
Probably in the wrong section so feel free to move if so,

As for my request is there any chance we can have a violet mutation GCC added to the bird emojis?

I feel like I'm doing Bandit dirty by just having him down as a GCC when he's a Violet GCC,

That is my request. :D

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't even know what a violet looks like? :chin:

We don't and can't have every single mutation unfortunately! The species is the same so you aren't doing him any disservice. ;) I went through and made up a bunch several years ago so I would be willing to take a stab at it if no one else wants to, but since there is soft limit on emotes and we already have a ton, I can't promise it'll make it into the board in an official capacity!

As a side note I've always found it weird that people specify their mutations in casual conversation. I don't say things like, "here's my blue eyed friend Melissa" or "have you met my red headed son?" :lol: (both are mutations ;) )

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As a side note I've always found it weird that people specify their mutations in casual conversation.
This is humorous to me in the dog world. Drives me nuts when people say the breed they have is a Chocolate Labrador. No, you have a Labrador Retriever who happens to be chocolate in color. We always have a waiting list for puppies but we do sell to pet homes. Sometimes pet homes don’t realize that a black mom and yellow dad can have all three (yellow, black, chocolate) colors in one litter. And that a yellow Labrador can have a parent who isn’t yellow and that doesn’t make the puppy not a Yellow Labrador.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I went through and made up a bunch several years ago so I would be willing to take a stab at it if no one else wants to
Feel free to make a lovebird that looks like Adelie :xflove:

And a Turquoise Edge dilute Mottle .... :shy:

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Probably in the wrong section so feel free to move if so,

As for my request is there any chance we can have a violet mutation GCC added to the bird emojis?

I feel like I'm doing Bandit dirty by just having him down as a GCC when he's a Violet GCC,

That is my request. :D
That is SO AMAZING that God has provided the mutation colors!!! INDEED HE made the rainbow [of colors and promises!]... Would LOVE to see a VIOLET GCC mutation!!! Always wanted that in a LB!

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
@Zara-- wonder if my Spangle LB would look like 'your' Mottle?? Don't even have a pic of my LB, nor a listing of the parents colors...

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
It is amazing :D I like to think how he planned out every feather

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Zara-- wonder if my Spangle LB would look like 'your' Mottle?? Don't even have a pic of my LB, nor a listing of the parents colors...
I don´t know what Spangle is in the lovebird world. Do you mean Marbled?

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
As a side note I've always found it weird that people specify their mutations in casual conversation. I don't say things like, "here's my blue eyed friend Melissa" or "have you met my red headed son?" :lol: (both are mutations ;) )
And not just casual conversations. I've seen websites that refer to the species to which my birds belong as Roseys (spelling varies). They're Bourke's (or Neopsephotus bourkii if you're nasty) and rosy is the mutation. Of course, I think the rosy's are the coloring that's more commonly seen in pet bourke's, but still.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I don´t know what Spangle is in the lovebird world. Do you mean Marbled?
I realize that I probably made that up... little dots all over like a 'spangled cockatiel'... I think that designation is in the cockatiel world, isn't it? Thx...

AmberC

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amber
Oooh ima search violet gc up