• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A post for Isadora and her shenanigans

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Great video :strhng:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww, look at those soggy french fries!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm trying to find ways to challenge her but most of my inventory is for smaller birds so it's hard! Hoping the skewer helps keep her busy, and I'm interested to see how long that birch one lasts! Threw in some other materials in the other toy to see if she will play with anything not wood, as that will also expand your options :);

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I'm trying to find ways to challenge her but most of my inventory is for smaller birds so it's hard! Hoping the skewer helps keep her busy, and I'm interested to see how long that birch one lasts! Threw in some other materials in the other toy to see if she will play with anything not wood, as that will also expand your options :);
So far the duckies seem to confuse her. She pulls it towards her, looks at it like "????", beaks it for a second, then lets it go. I don't think she's punctured one yet :roflmao:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dang that's impressive

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Paper rope is only good for the little birds or light chewers unless you want your toy parts on the floor lmao.
Burt loves to cut through it and so does Birdie so they get knots of it added to toys for material variety but I would not hang a toy with it lol.
Stick with SS wire or chain or if you are lucky you may even be ok with poly rope- Burt loves to destroy the poly rope but he does not always attack it straight away and Birdie is the same.

I honestly suggest you get rid of them pear clips and use the safer larger quick links, I am concerned whenever I see them given to larger birds- they are not safe as they can easily be bent but worse still they are small enough to easily pierce through your birds skin if a slip should occur while it is being destroyed- I have seen pics of them lodged through various places around the beak on a few birds.