• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A post for Isadora and her shenanigans

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Her left wing, at least from what I could see in that video, does look like she's had a partial clip. Others would probably know better, though. She has one primary at the end that appears intact, and then she's missing some in the middle.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Her left wing, at least from what I could see in that video, does look like she's had a partial clip. Others would probably know better, though. She has one primary at the end that appears intact, and then she's missing some in the middle.
It’s so ragged looking! Pudges wings were clipped by the breeder, but they didn’t look as bad.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Here's a tip that I learned so you can check under wings and chest area . Get both wings up and say big bird or eagle and give small treat. After Rocky develop cancer under his wing, I was so glad to have this in the memory bank. I could tell him 'big bird' the wings came up so I could clean the boo boo, medicate and just check the progress. He hated being wet but cleaning it was a lot easier too.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Looks like she is settling in well, lol next you get tested!
She straight up konked me in the forehead! :roflmao: She was being all cute and was nose to nose with me making kissy noises, and then BAM!

All day she’s been a terror :lol: Took my slice of cucumber right out of my fingers, bonked my brain, and I’m pretty sure cursed me out in her own language at one point!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
She was being a snot today

I don’t know what crawled up her butt today but jeez. She was being a brat all day!
It's something in the air today I swear. Bebe was being a super chatty with 'tude. I had to get up earlier then normal. He yakking it up under his blankets.. I keep his schedule tight becuz otherwise he is Mister crabby pants the next day. I fed his breakfast and got snapped at . Really dude not the way to start the day. After a bit I asked him if wanted out for some play time. Nope another near miss of my nose. Ok dude whatever it is work it out..... He came out tonight no biggie.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
You're very brave having her that close to your face :scrstf:
Quarter is rarely allowed on my shoulder (not that he's ever on me much), and if he is I always face away from him so he cant touch my face (or glasses).

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
You're very brave having her that close to your face :scrstf:
Quarter is rarely allowed on my shoulder (not that he's ever on me much), and if he is I always face away from him so he cant touch my face (or glasses).
I was leaned way back in the chair and she walked from my knee up to my chest - I thought for kisses, which she loves. But no, it was for a bonk.

I’ll probably not do that again until I have a better feel for her attitude that day :shifty:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Looks like she is settling in well, lol next you get tested!
It begins!

She threatened to bite today and got a very good telling off for the audacity. I was trying to get her to step up, and she open-mouth hit my hand. She seemed shocked at the response of “NO MAAM. You are NOT going to start that mess with me.”

And then she stepped up :roflmao:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I bet that big beak hurt on your head little monkey but I do love how she’s copied your clicks tut tho g is that new she’s learnt from you ?

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I bet that big beak hurt on your head little monkey but I do love how she’s copied your clicks tut tho g is that new she’s learnt from you ?
She’s always done the little kiss kiss kiss beak clicks - most of the time she’ll say “kiss kiss!” And then shove her face at mine :roflmao:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Maybe even a bouns pudge and burt pics and your gorgeous cockatiel too :dance2:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Awesome pics :strhng:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Aww she so gorgeous how’s her feathers doing they look good in first couple of pictures :heart:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Aww she so gorgeous how’s her feathers doing they look good in first couple of pictures :heart:
We actually went to the vet yesterday just to make myself feel better - she’s looking better overall, her weight and body condition are fantastic, and another all-clear fecal.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
We actually went to the vet yesterday just to make myself feel better - she’s looking better overall, her weight and body condition are fantastic, and another all-clear fecal.
Aww that’s fantastic your doing a brill job any more head butts haha

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Now that I have a few minutes, an update!

Or honestly a toot to my own horn :roflmao:

The vet visit was decent, she only tried to bite him once - and it was a warning bite, not even a REAL bite, so I’m thankful for that. She came away with a clean bill of health, as well as answering a question I didn’t know I had: Her feet are scaly and peeling. Apparently, birds do something similar to reptiles when they go from less than stellar husbandry to better husbandry. Reptiles will often have a big shedding of skin, and he said birds, when going into a better diet and better environment, will shed their feet. And I should also expect more dust :confused: once her diet fully settles in and she gets better and better overall, she’s going to start pouring dust. Bleh.

BUT HERE’S WHERE I TOOT MY HORN!

The vet was utterly gobsmacked that it’s only been a month, because of how much she trusts me. Between rubbing her beak (I can hold her beak between my fingers), stretching her wings out (she wouldn’t do it for him), and how she sought me out for comfort (because vets are scary) - he said it was like she’d been with me for a lot longer, just based on her comfort with me. He said he’s seen people who have had their birds for years, and they didn’t have that obvious connection

I nearly cried :swoon:

Here’s a video of her being adorable-