• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A post for Isadora and her shenanigans

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
What a lovely update so happy for you

Winn

Jogging around the block
I have my "bigger bird" interest in mind. (Maybe fortunately) I haven't found one available within 500 miles!!!
(I've also managed to walk away from a couple of budgie mutation patterns I was facinated with.. no thanks to the roomie who's supposed to talk me OUT of becoming the crazy bird lady of my town!!!)

I'm thrilled for you that Isadora is such a gem. Keep the pics and updates coming! I'll enjoy vicariously...:D:msc2:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I have my "bigger bird" interest in mind. (Maybe fortunately) I haven't found one available within 500 miles!!!
(I've also managed to walk away from a couple of budgie mutation patterns I was facinated with.. no thanks to the roomie who's supposed to talk me OUT of becoming the crazy bird lady of my town!!!)

I'm thrilled for you that Isadora is such a gem. Keep the pics and updates coming! I'll enjoy vicariously...:D:msc2:
If you’re on the east coast in the US come visit!

And stay off Craigslist :roflmao: I see so many birds and so much temptation

Winn

Jogging around the block
If you’re on the east coast in the US come visit!

And stay off Craigslist :roflmao: I see so many birds and so much temptation
I'ma coupla states south of you. Just a hoot and holler away..

And yes. I saw a "$400 Macaw" on Craigslist offered by an "avian veterinarian" in my vicinity. (40 miles away)...
Of course this bird was up to date on all its "vaccinations", was "well socialized", and had an "extensive vocabulary".

There are only 2 avian vets within a couple of hundred miles. He's not one of them. I didn't bite the bait. I feel for any sucker who did.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Craigslist scams blow my mind. Had a dude offering a male IRN for $200, two years old “definitely doesn’t bite, very socialized.”

It’s the “definitely doesn’t bite” for me :roflmao:

Winn

Jogging around the block
Craigslist scams blow my mind. Had a dude offering a male IRN for $200, two years old “definitely doesn’t bite, very socialized.”

It’s the “definitely doesn’t bite” for me :roflmao:
It's the "up to date on all vaccinations" for me..:p

Chatot5

Meeting neighbors
Isadora is being a great distraction for me today after getting home from dropping off Pudge. Here’s two minutes straight of her just being weird.

Was Pudge excited to see his buddy? Hopefully that made it a little better to leave him. I love Quakers but they are banned here!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Isadora is such a cute little nugget! :xflove:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
She seems like a real sweetie pie :)
Is she still doing the little wing thing?

Spiceopods

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Spicy Isopods System
What a delightful WEIRDO!! I love her! (And so does [narrator], who keeps having us rewatch all these adorable videos of her while bouncing excitedly.)

~Deyan

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Glad I am not the only one who calls my bird weird :roflmao:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
She seems like a real sweetie pie :)
Is she still doing the little wing thing?
She is! And she seems to do it specifically for attention, which suddenly seems like the obvious answer. She wants scritches and kisses every time she does it, it’s gotten to a point where she shoves her face into my hand - she does the wing thing, and then “bumps” me

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Glad I am not the only one who calls my bird weird :roflmao:
Between she and Tteok today, and their attitudes, they’re getting called a lot more than weird this afternoon :shifty:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I found out this morning how easy it is to make her extend the wing. She is very easy-going with holding her wing out for me to look at it.

As a side note, what does a wing clipping usually look like? Because this looks ragged, but I also don’t know what it “normally” looks like?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I found out this morning how easy it is to make her extend the wing. She is very easy-going with holding her wing out for me to look at it.

As a side note, what does a wing clipping usually look like? Because this looks ragged, but I also don’t know what it “normally” looks like?

She must trust you so much to let you do that you should definitely try harness training her I bet she would let you amazing progress you must be so proud :heart:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
She must trust you so much to let you do that you should definitely try harness training her I bet she would let you amazing progress you must be so proud :heart:
I was really surprised when it first happened! I was just kind of playing with her while she was preening and just touching her to see what she’d allow (really great to do with young animals btw - it makes vet trips SO much easier!) and I touched her wing, she lifted it, and I just… extended it out. And she was totally cool with it!

Now I have to figure out how the harness goes on :roflmao: It looks like a tangled mess to me

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I was really surprised when it first happened! I was just kind of playing with her while she was preening and just touching her to see what she’d allow (really great to do with young animals btw - it makes vet trips SO much easier!) and I touched her wing, she lifted it, and I just… extended it out. And she was totally cool with it!

Now I have to figure out how the harness goes on :roflmao: It looks like a tangled mess to me
Good luck with that be out of window if it was a tangled mess in my house no patience for that haha :rofl: