• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A post for Isadora and her shenanigans

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Love your toddler going it back haha :rofl:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
A full 15 minutes of the two of them just whistle-screaming :confused: I was ready for bed at 7pm last night after all that lmao
Haha :rofl: yep maybe after 3times I would be like shut up

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I love her face when she makes her sounds. :heart: I love any noise she makes because of that sweet face. She just looks so happy! :xflove:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
She gets so absolutely thrilled when Roland comes into the room. I really would never have expected her to like a little kid so much - especially considering she’s never been around one.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Well! Today I found out she loves jazz. I had on The Ray Pack (Live at the Sands, my personal favorite), and then a playlist of female jazz singers (Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, etc) and she was having a grand time. She particularly loved me singing to her - hence no videos :roflmao: We were dancing all over to An Evening in Roma and Fly Me to the Moon… we’re having a good time.
I love Big Band-- but one of our birds DIDN'T!! Made her angry and she shook her bell violently!

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Yeah they usually try to sell you with more with vertical space, but birds tend to not use all of the vertical space available to them. Kinda like how a bathroom with vaulted ceilings might make it feel larger, but the height doesn't mean quite so much when you're only able to use the ground level! I always say "birds fly like airplanes, not helicopters" to remind myself that width and depth are more important than height!

I find this a really good reference as it uses actual data that Dr. Scott McDonald has collected on birds: Wingspan Info | Natural Inspirations Parrot cages
OOHHH... you know Dr. Scott??? How is he doing? Does he still travel the U.S. making vet stops? Is he still based in Chicago [think that was the city]?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
OOHHH... you know Dr. Scott??? How is he doing? Does he still travel the U.S. making vet stops? Is he still based in Chicago [think that was the city]?
I don't know him personally... But yes he still is doing mobile vet visits.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
More pics!
She's so precious! That's so wonderful that she adores the toys so much but no suprise there! Sarah's toys rock!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
She’s having such a good time! And this is also why I didn’t get the name plaque :roflmao: It’s so pretty and I want one but there’s no where I could put it that it wouldn’t be in danger haha

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She’s having such a good time! And this is also why I didn’t get the name plaque :roflmao: It’s so pretty and I want one but there’s no where I could put it that it wouldn’t be in danger haha
Zazu was decent with hers she'd take a few nibbles but mostly left it alone.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
For those interested in an update on how she is, aside from being a toy murderer:

She’s amazing. She’s really come around and her personality is everything I’d ever want a cockatoo to be. She loves having someone in the room with her - prefers it really - but she doesn’t need constant undivided attention. She seems to thrive the most just having me sit near her while we each do our own thing. She loves getting her whole face rubbed, using both hands :roflmao: Just a good full-on face and head scrub. She doesn’t like walking on flat surfaces (unless it’s a table I’m trying to eat at, then suddenly she’s a track star) and hates being on the floor.

She still ADORES my son, who is not so keen on her. She’s very big, and he appreciates her from a distance. They’ll stand there and have a great conversation of babbles and repeats of “Hi Isadora!” He might come around as he gets older, but I blame Tteok for his bird fear. Tteok flew to Roland, and instead of gently landing he came in like a fighter jet on an aircraft carrier to Ro’s head. It didn’t go well

She’s started talking more, but I can’t understand any of it. This morning she talked at me nonstop for five minutes straight and I caught one word of it - “NO!” - and the rest was just a gravely string of nonsensical noise. But man was she telling me something that seemed important :roflmao:

Overall though, she’s doing so great. There’s still some quirks we’re working through, but I couldn’t ask for a better first “big” bird.