• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures A news bundle of joy has entered our family!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Very cute indeed!

he's just not interested in it at all.
7 weeks old is very young for a ´tiel to be weaned (Average 10-12weeks).

Mash up some veggies and warm them up and feed on a little teaspoon, see if he takes them. You can also try crushing the pellets to powder and using those to make a ¨formula¨ with boiled then cooled water. Just feed him that before bed (on a teaspoon) to be sure his crop is full to last the night. See how you get on.

You can offer the moist pellets during the day on a small plate or bowl. Observe to be sure he is eating.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is a beautiful 'tiel! Welcome little one!

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Very cute indeed!

7 weeks old is very young for a ´tiel to be weaned (Average 10-12weeks).

Mash up some veggies and warm them up and feed on a little teaspoon, see if he takes them. You can also try crushing the pellets to powder and using those to make a ¨formula¨ with boiled then cooled water. Just feed him that before bed (on a teaspoon) to be sure his crop is full to last the night. See how you get on.

You can offer the moist pellets during the day on a small plate or bowl. Observe to be sure he is eating.
I'll do just that, thank you for the advice!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I was googling about it, and I don't know if he is fully weaned honestly. Thank you for bringing this to my awareness, he seems to be very healthy and doing well eating dry food, do you think he'll be okay continuing on his current diet? We still give him the the rice with wet pellets, he's just not interested in it at all.
I would watch his weight. I am surprised he's weaned at 7 weeks. 8 -12 is the norm. If he's making static sounding noises it means he's hungry. You may want to start introducing some vegetables to him now too. Maybe some cooked mashed sweet potatoes, some leafy greens, some finely chopped vegetables- Things that are easy to eat.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I would watch his weight. I am surprised he's weaned at 7 weeks. 8 -12 is the norm. If he's making static sounding noises it means he's hungry. You may want to start introducing some vegetables to him now too. Maybe some cooked mashed sweet potatoes, some leafy greens, some finely chopped vegetables- Things that are easy to eat.
He gets a bunch of greens, the breeder said he lets the chicks wean on their own terms,(let the chicks wean when they themselves are decide they are ready) I'll be sure to weigh him, that is super important thank you!
@Zara , he steps onto the spoon dropping veggies everywhere, (he is super silly)but he starting to like his leafy greens. I'll keep you guys updated!

Last edited:

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
He is 92 grams, I'll keep checking his weight to make sure it doesn't go down