• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A New Toy For Your Bird

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Several species of parrots are leary of new toys in their cage for the first time. I know my TAG was when ever I did this. This is not true for the Linnie birds. These birds are easily bored without new stimulation. Last evening I put a new toy in their cage and they immediately attacked it like a present on Christmas morning. How does you bird react to new toys?

005 2.jpg

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like fun!:D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Several species of parrots are leary of new toys in their cage for the first time. I know my TAG was when ever I did this. This is not true for the Linnie birds. These birds are easily bored without new stimulation. Last evening I put a new toy in their cage and they immediately attacked it like a present on Christmas morning. How does you bird react to new toys?

View attachment 203228
Aren't they easy to please?:)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Linnies are so fantastic but you already know that. I will have to get a new TNT toy soon for them. Just ordered 2 perches from Manzanita Burlworks - Bird Perches Rick is a maven when it comes to working with wood.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute! It takes Sunny a little while to warm up to a new toy.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I was just thinking about how Linnies hang upside down to dry after that get wet. I was picturing walking through the forest in their natural habitat after a rain storm and looking up in the trees. You would really think they were a flock of bats!

jbarkan

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jill Barkan
My linne has to find the toy herself and then tentatively will begin playing. I can't put it into the cage until she is used to the object.
So I try to blend it in with her other toys and hope she just accidentally stumbles upon it.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
He is beautiful! With Bella it is a surprise. She runs to anything that is shreddable but the other toys take her longer to play with. Her new thing is that she plays with the toy the opposite way she should. If the toy is outside the cage and she is in her cage, she pulls it in and if the toy is in her cage and she is outside, she pulls the toy outside through the bars. Bella is definitely a weirdo.

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Both my Linnies go over to their new toys and start playing right away xD they love new toys :D

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Odin isn't big on toys, he seems to like the rope type ones, that are soft and cozy. I only put in new toys if I am going to be with him while he interacts with it. He doesn't mind new toys, but I don't like to catch him off guard.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leto loves new toys. He will beak something with in a few hours of being around it. If it's shreddable or soft wood he's a Tasmanian wood chipper :devil:I haven't tried a lot of plastic toys with him yet cuz he seems so :cantwait: With the wood and paper :smuggrin:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Funny my boys don't really play with toys all that much. They have all kinds of toys, a cage full of them and yet they rarely get destroyed. They are kind of lazy, I always just see them sitting around :lol:

Although they do like T4W busy baskets, I recently got them one and I see it getting used a bit. Not much though:rolleyes:

Your Linnies are adorable:heart: