• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A modern day birdy love saga

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Will she wait for him?

Starting a few weeks ago when Adélie started to spread her wings in her cage whilst gazing at Sydney, it has been a slow journey to love for her.

Since then we have had Adélie using her beautiful wings and loud vocals as tools in the hopes of seducing the handsome (and unsexed, possible male) Sydney on a regular basis and at first was greeted with flat out rejection.

Recently there was progress in their relationship, Sydney finally started to follow her instead of run from her. There was even some wing licking!
I caught him on camera having a little nibble on her wing and attempting to go to preen underneath, but Adélie backed off.

Earlier today, I caught Adélie playing with her dragon soft toy. (I didn't film that lol there has to be a line)
Was it all over?

I let the two out for their nighttime together time, and they have been quite close, flying together, talking, eating.

Adélie started to bathe in the condensation from my drink... But oh? What is she doing??? (my phone cut out, low memory, I removed the drink).

They are now snacking again after flying together while I write this post.....

..... To be continued...

Edited to add;
When Adélie first weaned (which was only 2 months ago) she hated everyone and everyone hated her. I use italics because we all know that birds don´t actually hate. So just the fact that these two, who were my only lone birds, can be out together and get along with each other is fantastic. I´m happy that Adélie has a bird friend. It would be nice if they bonded and were able to experience that strong bird bond, but they will never be allowed to breed so it isn´t so bad if they don´t bond, as long as they stay buddies :)

Last edited:

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:swoon:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Man, this is more confusing than human courtship!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I just realized that even in your signature Sydney and Adelie are next to each other!!!
:lol: Coincidence? Tecnically Sydney is next to his duck... who BTW has been a little left out since all this started... slowly as he´s been more interested in Ade, he´s not been tending to the duck.....

My prev. signature,
tumblr_plr2mknApt1u8m70ho1_1280.png Adelie was just put into the gap - in a backwards C motion, the birds are in order of date acquired ;)

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
I hope that they become a pair! They look so happy together!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He's like oh wait, that tastes pretty good
:lol: He knows it´s good because he spends his days regurgitating for his colourful toy and eating it... Maybe one day he´ll share :)

Adelie is obsessed with him. She is the ultimate stalker psycho. I have had him out alone without her some days so he didn´t have to endure being hunted down and battered with seduction attempts! It seems to have peeked his interest. We will see how things go between them.
I don´t think the house will last much longer... I don´t know.