• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures A Long Road Home

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
Well, it was much... much longer than expected but we finally got Zeki home!

As you all know, unforeseen circumstances prolonged his stay at the store. We also have solutions to these circumstances and peace of mind. Our family has come to peace and it appears we'll be moving to Frankfort. It will be an older trailer that has been kept in immaculate condition by an older couple that unfortunately passed away. The owner of the land is a kindly old fellow who honestly doesn't care. Not a care about our dogs or their breed, not a care about our birds and their noise, and not a care about my odd goosey girl. So long as my animals don't run amock without supervision, he's at peace with everything and is excited to have us as neighbors. To be real truthful, it's not the birds that prove to be a make or break deal with 'landlords' around here. You say you have birds, they don't raise a brow. You say you have a pitbull, however... This kind old man says he even has one aggressive pitbull in the area, but he accepts it so long as it stays safely in its fenced in yard. I feel comforted to know he's so accepting and tolerant.

However! This post is not about that, but the man's kindness has led to this happy road home. Thanks to him being generous to wave our first month's rent, Zeki has made an early trip home.

There has already been such improvement in his behavior! When I visited him he would bite me extremely hard and refuse to let go. I think he was nervous because of all the people and all the noise. After a day of being here his hard biting has ceased. At best, he gently nibbles but never breaks the skin and chew it like taffy like he did before. I also had to watch my face if he got near it, as he could have been fine on minute and swivel that head around and clamp on the next. He doesn't seem to be doing that now, but I'm still weary. That's my face we're talking about!

He also appears to be much more responsive, leading to some good memories already made. He has a wicked sense of humor. Where he's so possessive of me, he does have it out for the fiance. He tolerates him at best. I looked to Zeki and said,"How about you say you'll promise not to be so mean to daddy?" Zeki looked right at my fiance, pinned his eyes, and fanned out his feathers, then proceeded to say,"No!" Little stinker.~ He hasn't been so bitey on the fiance, as well.

He went from drawing blood if he got on your shoulder to happily stepping up without a single complaint, too.

I don't know if this is all because it's a new environment and he's looking to us for support in this new world, or if he genuinely has changed in such a short time, but, just to be on the safe side, I do expect he may adjust and go back to his typical stinker self.

Even though he's a little butt at times, I love him to death and am simply overjoyed to have him home! It was so hard seeing him locked in a cage majority/all day long simply because he bit people. :(

He also really loves his new toys that have been waiting for him, and that makes me really happy to see!

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
He looks adorable. :dance4:Glad he is home.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So glad hes home and your gettin a nice place to live and play.

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
I'm so happy for you, he's a cutie. ;)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel