• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Long Goodbye.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
It amazes me that almost once a day he has enough energy to climb up to the top and eat a pine nut. I tried to keep him quiet inside the cage, but he fought to be able to stay outside. He has slipped/fallen a few times in the past weeks. But I put padded soft sheets underneath and all around the floor. His sister, sun conure, Rika screams bloody murder when he is on the floor. I like to think she's looking out for her little brother but it's really just that she's a snitch.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
They warn each other.

When I first got the Amazons I still remember the screams when I moved the big cages into the back bedroom when a dog visited. MC was screaming at Secret as her cage went past him..... we joked that he was telling her, now look what you've done! We had a good home with fresh food....

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
They warn each other.

When I first got the Amazons I still remember the screams when I moved the big cages into the back bedroom when a dog visited. MC was screaming at Secret as her cage went past him..... we joked that he was telling her, now look what you've done! We had a good home with fresh food....
Thank you--made me laugh.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is early morning. He sits on my neck ( his body is so hot) and then I coax him down for a little applesauce. I have had to cover all the areas with towels.
Awww bless his little soul. He's such a precious little guy. He's so lucky to have you :heart:

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
I'm so sorry Cricket isn't doing well. You both are in my thoughts.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Update. He spent 3 hours in my hands and then took his last breath. I thought I was prepared after all this time. I wasn't.
Oh I'm so very sorry:( Fly high and free sweet Cricket you were so loved. I'm glad you were able to be with him when it was his time,I know it brought him comfort :sadhug:.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Cricket.:sorrow: It’s wonderful that you were able to be with him at the end. Sending big hugs your way.
:sadhug2:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I'm so sorry.

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish I could express something deeper than "I'm sorry" but he passed away in the hand of the one who cared the most, I'm sure he felt the warmth of your hand and the knowledge that the person who fed, cleaned and loved was there until the end. Maybe not in the way the humans understand it but in the way parrots process it.

I don't know who wrote this but:

He was a good egg and than he went to heaven.