• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A little update on Marley and Lucky

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Lucky is Marley's sister who the lady also gave her to us recently. I think I mentioned her briefly in my coming back post.

She is definitely the sweetest bird in this house besides River (at least River towards my dad :p ), she loves cuddles and scratches. She loves to whisper and bawk like a chicken. She loves kisses and almonds. I think the longest she's spent on a shoulder in this household so far has been 4 hours... She is not cage aggressive in the slightest, she definitely was at the beginning, but she is almost as good at stepping up as Mel is. Everytime she's in her cage and we pass by; "step up! step up! step up pretty bird!"

Marley is a whole different story, I love that little boy with all my heart but he is so difficult. I have a feeling he will NEVER be okay with hands, while that's fine it's a little disheartening. He has become EXTREMELY cage aggressive, to the point he will not come out on the perch anymore. I have to wait for him to fly out and THEN have him step onto the perch to hang out with me. It's come to the point that if one of us even touches the cage when walking by it he'll scream and run/limp over to bite. He'll still be his funny little self once he's on my chest, dancing, singing, whistling. He's started using platform perches and he's been sleeping on them instead of the ground of his cage. He does spend most of his time on the floor of the cage though. The only toy he'll really play with are wicker balls about the same size as him, he doesn't like the smaller ones.

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
Lovely update! Seems like your birbs are doing great! :D

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name