• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

a little story of sadie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was sitting home tonight thinking of some memoires of sadie my timneh who I lost several years ago.I thought i would share one more story of her and how I came to brining her home.
For years I loved greys and read everything I could get my hands on about them.I'd always been a lover of the diamonds in the rough or the under dogs in the animal world.
I had a friend who was getting a baby to hand feed from a breeder.This was many years ago and when I think about it now...i'm like WOW i cant believe i did this.We arrived at the womans place to pick out her baby.....right away my friend picked out the largest little grey there was there..I waslooking down into the aquarium and saw sadie...i know this sounds silly but it was an instant I had to have her feeling.The woman kept trying to steer me away form sadie telling me she was 3 days younger than the others and an imperfect bird.I would be so much better off with not picking her.I noticed she had several toes missing from her right foot.The woman went on and on and on about she would need special this and that..i listened but those words flew right out the door..Long story short with alittle more money I brought saidie home with me that day..Boy was I afraid and scared.But my friend was very experienced and helped me out along the way.She did have some trouble perching at times..and I always kept something soft on bottom cage just in case she lost her balance.But she grew and was one healthy bird.She could talk up a storm and do the tones of those she was talking about.I remember one night being in the kitchen and hearing the door open then...my ex husband saying ,"Honey I'm home"...of course i was in kitchen cooking dinner and said hello.....Then i hear the door open again...and hear him say,"HoneyI'm home"You all know where this is going by now:D I said,"sadie I know its you"then I hear a low soft giggle (sadie)..and a burp which was hiram..
I've never replaced her and with things being so hard the last couple years and my life changing so drastically...I dont know if I ever will be able too have another grey.But I sure do miss her still.Thank goodness for hiram in my days.

Last edited:

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
You all know where this is going by now:D I said,"sadie I know its you"then I hear a low soft giggle (sadie)..and a burp which was hiram.
:hehe: SO funny! I love hearing your stories!

Paniolodave

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dave
I love it! Great story... thank you for sharing that.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you for sharing!

Matt

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:heart: the story Marian!

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I wish I had known her. Thank you for sharing her with all of us.

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
Thanks so much for sharing your stories of Sadie. I adore my Timneh girll Glory, they are such special parrots. I do hope you can get another grey, not to replace Sadie, but you have so much to give another.
Take care,
Sandy

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
thanks for sharing your memories of her. I love yo ur stories Marian and still say you should write them down somewhere. :heart:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Nice story, you were meant to have her. Sorry for your loss of her, but she will always be with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.