• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Little Question for About the WBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop

Rollerblading along the road
I have met a few Caïques, WBCs included, but have never actually touched a WBC. BHCs remind me of those dolls kids have, the patch work ones that have a different texture for each patch. I mean how the Caïques colors are so sharply defined (like patchwork) and how the feathers have such a different texture: the black is stiff, the green and yellow are silky, and the white is kind of soft/fluffy. That is the best I could describe it, you Caïque owners probaby know what I mean even if you have a different description for it. Back to my question, are the head feathers of WBCs the same texture as the BHCs. I assume they are, but I wanted to ask to be sure. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Last edited:

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
They are in fact. At least from what I can tell. Tiki is my little boy. Handfed him and I can do just about anything so I get deep down with the head scritches.

My black head I get some scritches through the cage, but from what I can tell is they are both super soft heads :)

drop

Rollerblading along the road
Thanks for the response, Alex. So your Caïques both have soft heads? Interesting. All the BHCs that I have touched have had kind of stiff head feathers, I mean if they are stroked "against the grain"

Last edited:

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
Well, I have a WBC, and her head feathers were REALLY stiff when she arrived in September at 14 weeks old. However, we discovered it was the juice and fruit from her travels. Once she had a bath, she is super soft on her head, and LOVES to have her head scratched! :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
hi drop,
My two wbc have soft heads......have never touched a bhc's head :hehe:
They look so striking though!!:D

Status