• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Little Piece of my heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
I am home sick today. Still answering my phone and taking orders, but not really able to function. Last night was a blur and today all I have done is feed the animals and sleep and I have to confess to leaving the phone ring a few times...which I never do, but I just didn't have the strength to answer it. We have a fenced in yard with a dog door, so the dogs can come and go on their own. They come and check on me, lay down beside me and take a nap with me, but basically do their own thing. All three birds were out on their cages, but Zoe, now that she can fly, will absolutely not stay where she should be. She wants in the Christmas tree, she wants to walk around on the floor, and most recently she wants in Luca's cage. She had to go in her cage. Jack will play for a little bit with his toys but he wants to snuggle and hang out with me. He will perch on my hip and pull one leg up and take a nap while I sleep. It is very sweet, but he really likes the dogs and wants to go find them and walk around on the floor so he had to go in his cage. Then there is Luca. What a little angel. He has been out all day, plays with his toys, talks to me, sings songs, climbs in his jolly ball and sings his little heart out, takes a nap, plays peekaboo with his coconuts. He is the best little guy. He is completely content to be out and about and to check in with me periodically. He will climb down to the couch and up the blankets, give me a few kisses, and if I am sleeping he hangs out a little bit and then goes back over to his cage and plays. What a good boy he has been. Sometimes I think Amazon's get a bad rap, and he is a typical Amazon. You have to watch his body language and when he wants left alone, leave him alone, but 99% of the time he is a abosolutely adorable, hilarious little boy. He has stolen a piece of my heart because he is just so special. :heart:

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
I'm sorry you are sick. Take good care of yourself and feel better soon!:hug8:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
so sorry your sick but so true about amazons you discribed it right mango is just a gem loves attentiom and when i lay and rest he is sooo good no noise but will come check me out then off to play or anything thats quiet .
they do seem to take a bad rap but its only that they didnt give them a chance to respect them and you have to respect an amazon

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I love to nap with my Amazons!
They are so good, they can be out while I sleep and usually just pick a place to nap too.
As soon as I stir, Chico will say a very quiet "hello?" just to test me so I always wake up with a smile.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
:sleep2:

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Amazons can be some of the sweetest birds out there if you can respect their opinions. I hope you feel better soon!

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
They really do steal your heart no matter what species they are its the love they give you no matter what!! I am so sorry you are sick I hope you feel well soon. Drink as many liquids as you can a just rest. Hugs Barb and Isis

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Tracie he sounds like a sweety. Take care of yourself, try to get as much rest as you can and up your vitamin C. :hug8:

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Thanks all. I am dying here. I keep thinking it will get better any minute, but I think it is getting worse. Can't lay down because I can't breathe, can't sit up because my head is swimming. I feel like that commercial with the guy whose head is a balloon...how appropriate...I think I am delirious. I sure appreciate the comments and I knew everyone here could relate to that warm feeling we get from our fids and other animals. Luca keeps asking me today "you okay?". Honestly this guy makes me smile everyday. I am off to drink some juice and take some more medicine. Thanks again.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Tracie, hope you feel better soon. I'm so sorry you are so miserable. Reading about your zon and your other animals had me smiling. Love the way they check up on you. Drink plenty of fluids and rest, rest rest.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
get well soon dear and glad you have such a wonderful companion..

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I am sorry that you are so sick!:( I hope you feel better soon! I remember when I broke my kneecap last May, I could not get up out of bed, without help, and my bedroom and the birdroom are both upstairs, so I slept downstairs in my parents bed, and my parents and sister had to take care of my fids, and I felt so guilty but the birds somehow knew I was sick/injured, and they did not mind that I did not see them for a few days. Although, My dad did bring Sammy's cage downstairs for a few months, while I was recovering, and my sister brought the other fids to me to snuggle.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Tracie hope you are over the worst by now. Keep warm and drink plenty of fluids to wash out your system. Glad your little companions are watching over you, they all seem to know when we are not feeling too good don't they?
Let us know how you are coming along when you can. God bless.:hug8:

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Thanks everyone. I have actually been able to go ship my ss gift and go to the store. As long as I take medicine every 4 hours, I can stay awake. I appreciate all the well wishes. It is hard sometimes doing it all on your own when you feel so crappy. Hopefully I am on the upswing. I am getting the evil eye from both dogs because they didn't go to daycare, so tomorrow no matter what I have to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.