• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
hi,
i have a bird with the same leg band numbers as you posted back in 2017. I since tried the number that was given for Parrots Aplenty and it is no longer in service. I would love to know more information on my Guy....do you happen to still keep in touch with her? his band is PAPL 422

thank you
This was posted above... info may no longer be good

Jennifer Smith
250-368-5133
parrotsaplenty@gmail.com *OR* smithparrots@hotmail.com

Bradolder

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Brad Older
I recently acquired a blue front Amazon with a band of “MCS FL 21”. I’ve searched and searched but coming up short on any leads for where he came from and would love to get some history on him. Any of you fine folks able to help? Thanks!!

Chellie16

Real Name
Dawn Dillon
My BFA’s leg band number AJX 821 looking for information
Thanks

Budv48

Moving in
Real Name
Bud Voegtlin
Was told my B&G was 3 years old. Her band says BSJ FL(SIDEWAYS) 10(SIDEWAYS) 001. Is she actually 10 and from Florida? Can't find anything on the BSJ
Hey my Blue and Gold’s says the exact same thing! They are sisters! Anyway did you find the Breader because I was told she was 20 years old that would mean 01 is the birth year I think not 10?

Attachments

Budv48

Moving in
Real Name
Bud Voegtlin

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hey my Blue and Gold’s says the exact same thing! They are sisters! Anyway did you find the Breader because I was told she was 20 years old that would mean 01 is the birth year I think not 10?
This member has not been back to the forum since 2018 and are likely never going to see this message I'm afraid.

It is my understanding that since legbands are meant to identify specific birds that it would be unlikely that they would reuse the same band number, and that these birds are not merely related. I'm inclined to believe that they are the same bird.

Budv48

Moving in
Real Name
Bud Voegtlin
Wow that would be even a bigger break of the person would be on the forum still! ,Darn! It doesn’t seem like the people I just got her from. I wish email addresses were available on here

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Wow that would be even a bigger break of the person would be on the forum still! ,Darn! It doesn’t seem like the people I just got her from. I wish email addresses were available on here
They may get an email if you PM them. You need a certain number of posts to initiate PMs though.

Budv48

Moving in
Real Name
Bud Voegtlin
How many do you know because I don’t see a option to do that yet. It’s got to be the same bird. Got one she says “ah ah ah” that’s just part of the song “Staying Alive” she sings. She does go after your feet but will stop when I give her sharp directions. She loves my girlfriend and tolerates me and my son we all pick her up. The biggest problem is the scarlet Macaw that came with her is a female also and they are attached to each other but we keep them separated because they want to get on the floor and act like they are a mating pair and not try to mate but nest and build nest. So they are kept separate for the most part and a lot of discipline and attention of course. I wish I could go back and tell that person who had her what the problem was. She does not like cages! We have to Giant dog kennels one inside and one outside! The inside is split into two cages and that’s for at night which actually later they Boog sleeping in big bit smaller cages one in our room and one in kitchen. She just got whatever reason hates cages and won’t tolerate them unless she’s covered at night or we are gone for awhile! She just loves to be with us. All the other stuff is just discipline and routine stuff. She doesn’t bite anymore but I’m sure she will if something provoked or scares her. Very very fascinating to read that persons posts! Thanks for the reply!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How many do you know because I don’t see a option to do that yet.
When you have posted 20 times the option will appear automatically. You currently have 7 posts. You can increase the number easily by participating in threads around the site or posting a warm welcome to other new members over on Welcome Lane

Budv48

Moving in
Real Name
Bud Voegtlin
When you have posted 20 times the option will appear automatically. You currently have 7 posts. You can increase the number easily by participating in threads around the site or posting a warm welcome to other new members over on Welcome Lane
Ok thank you!

suncool

Real Name
sun
Help!
i want to locate my bird's breeder?
leg band is K&L FL 96 226
The previous owner told me 2 years old, but today i just found out the leg info was FL 96
FL=Florida
96=1996
25 years old not 2 years old

KateLea

Real Name
Kate
Hi there! Thank you so much to everyone who compiled all of the info here! I checked every reply on this post just in case, but no luck!

I have a rose breasted cockatoo born in April 2010 with a closed silver leg band "GW FL ###" I know that FL is Florida, and that the 3 number digits are just her individual ID for that breeder, but have had no luck with the GW. It does not seem to be the GW in the original post, because of the band color and because that breeder is in North Carolina. I would really be interested in her background because she is a DNA verified female (and not a mistake, because she did lay an egg once), but her irises never turned pink. They aren't even brown. They are grey/green and I have never seen another RB2 with that eye color. I even contacted a breeder in Australia to see if they had, and the World Parrot Trust and Paradise Park both shared her photo on Facebook, but after thousands of likes, comments, and shares... no mention of a similar eye color. It was suggested that perhaps she is a hybrid, but if that's even the case I would assume it was a cockatiel and far back in her line, because she definitely looks like a rose breasted lol. The australian breeder said she was small compared to RBs over there, but she is not underweight. I have never seen another one in person so I can't comment on her size comparison, but she is the same size as my Goffin's. Just an interesting anomaly!

I also have a goffin's cockatoo born in May 2009, closed silver band "JAN D ###" ... I almost got excited earlier when reading, but those replies mentioned a "JAN G" breeder.

Thank you for any help!!

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Hi there! Thank you so much to everyone who compiled all of the info here! I checked every reply on this post just in case, but no luck!

I have a rose breasted cockatoo born in April 2010 with a closed silver leg band "GW FL ###" I know that FL is Florida, and that the 3 number digits are just her individual ID for that breeder, but have had no luck with the GW. It does not seem to be the GW in the original post, because of the band color and because that breeder is in North Carolina. I would really be interested in her background because she is a DNA verified female (and not a mistake, because she did lay an egg once), but her irises never turned pink. They aren't even brown. They are grey/green and I have never seen another RB2 with that eye color. I even contacted a breeder in Australia to see if they had, and the World Parrot Trust and Paradise Park both shared her photo on Facebook, but after thousands of likes, comments, and shares... no mention of a similar eye color. It was suggested that perhaps she is a hybrid, but if that's even the case I would assume it was a cockatiel and far back in her line, because she definitely looks like a rose breasted lol. The australian breeder said she was small compared to RBs over there, but she is not underweight. I have never seen another one in person so I can't comment on her size comparison, but she is the same size as my Goffin's. Just an interesting anomaly!

I also have a goffin's cockatoo born in May 2009, closed silver band "JAN D ###" ... I almost got excited earlier when reading, but those replies mentioned a "JAN G" breeder.

Thank you for any help!!
Very interesting! Where did you get her from?

Bowtiegal

Real Name
Melissa
Just curious if anyone knows the breeder.

RBP FL + (3 numbers)? I recently adopted a male Yellow Crested Cockatoo out of Maryland and trying to get more information about him possibly. (hatch date, age, etc..) was told he is around 8-9 years old.

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Just curious if anyone knows the breeder.

RBP FL + (3 numbers)? I recently adopted a male Yellow Crested Cockatoo out of Maryland and trying to get more information about him possibly. (hatch date, age, etc..) was told he is around 8-9 years old.
Welcome! The "FL" means that the bird was bred in Florida. I do not know of any breeders who use the letters "RBP".

Adrianna

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Adrianna Lowe
Anyone help with a band on a Congo grey?
Right leg
TLB+ 18

HermesIII

Hi, I'm new and hoping someone can help with my bird's band ID's as well. Both birds were purchased at a Petsmart, but the store only had record of one of their band ID's so I do not have a hatch date/age on the first bird. I've been researching for weeks and just keep hitting dead ends, so I'd be so grateful for any help in the right direction. I have emailed CP Birds in Florida, their bands do no match the ones on my birds. They are both green cheek conures, and both bands are violet colored and closed.

Iris- Band ID: CP 33908, hatch date 2/20/21
Hermes- Band ID: CP 32848 no hatch date :-(

alhayes144

Real Name
Amber Hayes
My birds ban is BF-FL-15-230 BF is horizontal, FL and 15 are vertical and 230 is horizontal. The bracelet is silver and closed I’m trying to find out who the breeder is.

Last edited by a moderator:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
My birds ban is BF-FL-15-230 BF is horizontal, FL and 15 are vertical and 230 is horizontal. The bracelet is silver and closed I’m trying to find out who the breeder is.
If you are in the US, the "FL" is Florida, and the "15" is most likely 2015. What species of bird is this band on?