• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
We have received a bird into our shelter which appears to be a red color mutation Amazon. Through much research, we're pretty sure it's a red-mutation Yellow-Nape. A gorgeous and unique bird to be sure. His background is "relatively" known, but we can't get in contact with his original owner. I'm hoping to get some information about his background via his band, assuming the breeder is still around. I didn't see the ID on here or on any Google searches, so I'm hoping you guys maybe have a rabbit you can pull out of your hat ... the band starts with "YCH"

I'd be interested in any ideas you might have!

Bob
First and foremost.... get the bird to an avian vet for a CBC. There's red mutation, then there's sick bird that's red. So please, go see a vet to try and rule out any medical issues. Could be anything from liver or kidney failure to possible PBFD.

breny

Moving in
I recently purchased a Goffins cockatoo and upon doing some research I noticed he is wearing an open band. I didn’t buy him from original owner and told he was 2. Can anyone help me with figuring out what his band means?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I recently purchased a Goffins cockatoo and upon doing some research I noticed he is wearing an open band. I didn’t buy him from original owner and told he was 2. Can anyone help me with figuring out what his band means?
Are you located in the US? Open bands generally mean an imported bird but in 1992 it became illegal to import most of the wild caught parrots. Open band can also mean that the breeder placed that band when the bird was older and so could not fit a closed domestic band around the leg. If your bird is an import he/she is older than 2 years. Can you read the information on the band?

breny

Moving in
Are you located in the US? Open bands generally mean an imported bird but in 1992 it became illegal to import most of the wild caught parrots. Open band can also mean that the breeder placed that band when the bird was older and so could not fit a closed domestic band around the leg. If your bird is an import he/she is older than 2 years. Can you read the information on the band?
Hi yes I’m in the USA. I can read the band. It has three letters followed by three numbers

budgie_mom

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Beth Crable
hey, trying to find info on my budgie. he was bought last oct from a pet store. has a flat band, black, that has a slit. it reads A158365

budgie_mom

Real Name
Beth Crable
hey, trying to find info on my budgie. he was bought last oct from a pet store. has a flat band, black, that has a slit. it reads A158365

actually, under a light it's really dark blue

breny

Moving in
Anyone know of a breeder with HCT or MCT ?
I am not sure of the first letter. H or M

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If that's an "M" then it represents an import facility in Michigan. It might even be an "N" and that would refer to New York.
Can you get any additional information about the bird from the person you purchased him/her from?
That does look like an import band but I might be wrong.

@sunnysmom Elvis still has his import band, doesn't he? Doesn't the one in the posted photo look like an import band?

Last edited:

Yodas-Mom

Hello! I’m helping a lady that found a bird, I can’t seem to find the breeder initials for HAI, does anyone know this breeder?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello! I’m helping a lady that found a bird, I can’t seem to find the breeder initials for HAI, does anyone know this breeder?
Are there any numbers? Are any of the letters sideways? Is the band opened or closed?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Yodas-Mom

She’s reached out to veterinarians and such, I’m actually an administrator of 911 Parrot Alert, it says HAI FL 03 and a few more numbers I think? I can’t remember the rest. Thank you all for any help!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
FL =Florida
Probably hatched in 2003
Do you know the species of bird? Sometimes that can help to find/rule out various breeders.
HAI ????

Yodas-Mom

Hello! Yes, the birdie is a Quaker, so sorry for my slow replies, we have been very busy

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You could try looking up Quaker breeders in FL. Maybe you can find something. Sometimes the breeder using their initials and sometimes the initials of the Aviary but sometimes the letters could represent anything.

Yodas-Mom

You could try looking up Quaker breeders in FL. Maybe you can find something. Sometimes the breeder using their initials and sometimes the initials of the Aviary but sometimes the letters could represent anything.
Thank you for your advice hun! I will try that!

jenbella

Avenue Veteran
Tiel with leg band
4549 RWE
Can’t find RWE anywhere!