• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A guest is visiting us...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Since @sunnysmom is away on a business trip for a few days, Elvis has entered the building!

It's always a fun time when he's here, and very interesting how he fits into the flock dynamic...even for a few days.

He's always a bit excited to make the trip, so yesterday was just kind of a "calm down and relax" time. That didn't stop E and Milton from yelling at each other from the different rooms...they can see each other, so they know there's a another bird here...they also see when I interact with the other bird...E doesn't have a problem with that, but Milton has some jealousy issues...

Milton: (watching me give Elvis scritches) "WATCHA DOIN DAD?"

Me: Giving Elvis some scratches...I'll be in for you in a minute...

Milton: "DAT A BIRD...YOU BAD DAD...I A PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY BIRD...I A GOOD BIRD!" (yes, there were 5 "prettys")

Me: Are you going to be patient, too? (I thought I'd give Milty something to think about here ;) )

Milton: "WHATEVER"...

Me: OK, I'll come over....(to Elvis) You a good bird, too...I'll be back later...

I go over to Milt (after washing my hands, of course) and give his scritches...all the time Elvis is yelling at me. I finish with scritches, put Milt back on his cage.

Milton: (leaning out over cage to stare at Elvis) "YOU BAD BIRD...I PRETTY PRETTY BIRD" (only two prettys this time)

Elvis: "I LOVE ELVIS!"

This is going to be a VERY interesting few days here at the crazy house...;) :yes3:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love it

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:loveit:
I´m sure it will be a hoot at your house for the next few days! Please do share all the fun antics with us :D

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:bliss: I love hearing about Elvis' diaries l visits with y'all! :pinksmile:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Milton. You are a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty bird. But so is Elvis and he is not a BAD BIRD. Not sure about Bob. He might be a BAD DAD, but I doubt that.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Lol. Bob, thanks so much for watching Elvis for me. It's always such a relief for me knowing he's in good hands when I have to go away. I hope he is a good bird for you.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Lol. Bob, thanks so much for watching Elvis for me. It's always such a relief for me knowing he's in good hands when I have to go away. I hope he is a good bird for you.

What a sweetheart Bob is, and to know how well he takes care of Elvis too! Henry's packing his bags again... Me: " Hey, Henry... what'r ya doin?"

"Gonna go see Bob". Me: "Bob is busy... Elvis is in the building." Henry - "Uh oh..... What's the matter? Are you ok?" Me:.. "I'm fine Henry... here, let me help you pack a few nuggets to bribe Bob into keeping you a whole week." :laughin::birdance:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Since @sunnysmom is away on a business trip for a few days, Elvis has entered the building!

It's always a fun time when he's here, and very interesting how he fits into the flock dynamic...even for a few days.

He's always a bit excited to make the trip, so yesterday was just kind of a "calm down and relax" time. That didn't stop E and Milton from yelling at each other from the different rooms...they can see each other, so they know there's a another bird here...they also see when I interact with the other bird...E doesn't have a problem with that, but Milton has some jealousy issues...

Milton: (watching me give Elvis scritches) "WATCHA DOIN DAD?"

Me: Giving Elvis some scratches...I'll be in for you in a minute...

Milton: "DAT A BIRD...YOU BAD DAD...I A PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY BIRD...I A GOOD BIRD!" (yes, there were 5 "prettys")

Me: Are you going to be patient, too? (I thought I'd give Milty something to think about here ;) )

Me: OK, I'll come over....(to Elvis) You a good bird, too...I'll be back later...

I go over to Milt (after washing my hands, of course) and give his scritches...all the time Elvis is yelling at me. I finish with scritches, put Milt back on his cage.

Milton: (leaning out over cage to stare at Elvis) "YOU BAD BIRD...I PRETTY PRETTY BIRD" (only two prettys this time)

Elvis: "I LOVE ELVIS!"

This is going to be a VERY interesting few days here at the crazy house...;) :yes3:
:popcorn2: Do keep us updated bob.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Another interesting day with Elvis.

He definitely loves scritches...I mean LOVES scritches. ;) He is learning a rules around here, though...NO SCREAMING IN HUMAN'S EARS!

Both Milton and Buddy learned the rule...and it's connected with shoulder time...which is limited here.

Anyway, Elvis came over this morning for scritches...he usually lands on your shoulder, then shimmies down your arm for you to begin "fun time"...so E and I had a major scritch-fest...lasting almost an hour. He even will scratch his chin a couple of times to let you know that you should concentrate there.

So, I took a short break from scritching....even my fingers get knotted up from too much of it. I told E that I'd resume in a minute...but he wanted me to resume immediately. So he flitted back up to my shoulder and screamed, and stuck his head in my face. :bignono:

I told him that wasn't allowed, and that he had to go back to his cage for a bit. He took off to his cage, and started more screaming. I then told him that when he stopped screaming, he could come back over. Well, Elvis, like Milton, doesn't like being told "no"...so he flipped back in his cage, looked straight at me, and tipped one of his food bowls over....a 'too temper tantrum, if you ever saw one!

My reaction....I looked down at the bowl, and said, "Mmm...nice remodeling you do"...;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ah yes, Elvis when he's unhappy. He actually has gotten much better about not throwing tantrums but when he's unhappy, you know it. I am glad he didn't throw the food out of his cage. Another of his mad moves.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Another interesting day with Elvis.

He definitely loves scritches...I mean LOVES scritches. ;) He is learning a rules around here, though...NO SCREAMING IN HUMAN'S EARS!

Both Milton and Buddy learned the rule...and it's connected with shoulder time...which is limited here.

Anyway, Elvis came over this morning for scritches...he usually lands on your shoulder, then shimmies down your arm for you to begin "fun time"...so E and I had a major scritch-fest...lasting almost an hour. He even will scratch his chin a couple of times to let you know that you should concentrate there.

So, I took a short break from scritching....even my fingers get knotted up from too much of it. I told E that I'd resume in a minute...but he wanted me to resume immediately. So he flitted back up to my shoulder and screamed, and stuck his head in my face. :bignono:

I told him that wasn't allowed, and that he had to go back to his cage for a bit. He took off to his cage, and started more screaming. I then told him that when he stopped screaming, he could come back over. Well, Elvis, like Milton, doesn't like being told "no"...so he flipped back in his cage, looked straight at me, and tipped one of his food bowls over....a 'too temper tantrum, if you ever saw one!

My reaction....I looked down at the bowl, and said, "Mmm...nice remodeling you do"...;)
Lol....did he tip it or throw it? Gotta love um...even if the bowl hits you and your cover in food... Ha ha ha..actually had that happen before. Temper tantrum 101...