• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Good- Toxic to Dogs list-Some rather surprising

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you for sharing the link!

Matt

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This is excellent... thank you for posting it!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

greymatron

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
I find this very interesting..Especially the Milk, Dairy, Raw eggs and Garlic..Only because a lot of people recommend giving dairy, such as yogurt to dogs. Or raw eggs, ironically they say it helps the skin and coat, where as this article says it causes harm. Then for the garlic, there are so many garlic products. Not to mention the Japanese did a study on garlic and you have to shove it down their throat for it to become toxic, because they stop eating it long before it adversely effects them.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Always worth refreshing the old memory as I know myself I tend to forget these days a lot. Thanks for sharing. :hug8:

Callista15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Thanks for sharing. Great list. A lot of them don't include onions. BTW, I think that bell peppers are something that could be toxic in large amounts. My Italian greyhound(small greyhound-like dog breed), Clover, has a weird obsession with bell peppers. One night my mom gave her a lot more than usual(say, half a normal-sized pepper), and went to bed. Clover started acting like she was dying, in extreme distress. Mom rushed her into the E-vet, and it turns out it made her slightly sick. Mom got stuck with a large vet bill, and Clover got sentenced to a crate in the living room while mom sat up and watched her.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Great link! Although I am skeptical about the dairy one. I've used cheese as a training treat for my dog for years and the only time he seems to ge sick is if he eats a lot of it too quickly and then runs around. =P And the dogs at my work (a doggy daycare) sometimes eat yogurt as a regular part of their meals. Maybe it isn't toxic to dogs, but it just has the potential to upset their stomachs? Either way, a good read. =)

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
Wow thanks! I knew you couldn't I've a dog grapes/raisins and such as chocolate…. But thanks! :)

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Wow! The nuts one is scary. My dog loves cashews! He doesn't get them often, but when the birds are getting them as treats, he usually gets a couple, too. No more for him!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! The nuts one is scary. My dog loves cashews! He doesn't get them often, but when the birds are getting them as treats, he usually gets a couple, too. No more for him!
I share Cashews with my dog also. I didn't see Cashews on the list. What category are they under?

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Click the one labeled macadamia nuts.

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
It doesn't specifically point at cashews, but does say "most nuts" and that is what concerned me. Thanks for the more detailed link! That eases my concerns a bunch and He still gets his cashews! I only buy the unsalted ones, anyway.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I believe Confederate Jasmin is a no no

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That eases my concerns a bunch and He still gets his cashews!
He'll be happy! Mine only gets 1 or 2 from time to time. I don't think that amount would interfere with her overall nutritional needs.

Laurah

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Lol My dog always sneaks over to the kitty's dish for leftovers. I will remember to pick it up. Thanks