• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Flock Update

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Thought i might as well do an update.
The things i had planned to do keep getting postponed, and things got turned upside down when Belinda (the kitten) joined the family. I will start with the oldest and work my way down.

LJ: This guy is still as adorable as ever! And i've never seen a budgie so in love :lol: He completely adores Sunbeam!

Opal: This Sweety now loves millet. She used to be too scared of me to try it, now she doesn't care and will even fly onto my hand for it.

Obsidian: My little shy guy is still a work in progress, i really don't care if he never wants to interact with me, but it is my aim to have him at least comfortable around me. Not afraid of hands would be fabulous though.

Snowflake: I am tempted to say she's very well behaved... except screaming impatiently at me gets annoying after the first few days. She does enjoy intently watching me get their pellets and seeds every morning.

Sunbeam: Ah yes, Sunbeam. Her yelling had increased which meant i had to made more toys today. Her and LJ spend a fair amount of time preening.

Winston and Em: Have taken up the hobby of soup making...
It's always a mystery what will be in their water every morning. This morning was the usual poop, but with a large chunk of seagrass :roflmao:

I've been thinking about the eighth budgie flock member, hopefully soon my flock can be complete :joyful:
As much as i love my sassy, spunky girls i look forward to having another boy to even out everything.

Pictures now! Excuse Obsidian's messiness he's moulting and looks terrible!
20210331_125000.jpg
20210331_124953.jpg 20210331_124915.jpg
20210331_124857.jpg
20210331_124835~2.jpg
20210331_123205~2.jpg
20210331_123201~2.jpg
20210331_123150~2.jpg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Beautiful babies! Is Emelia sleepy in the picture? :xflove:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
What a gorgeous flock!!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great update! I see where this even budgies thing leads though... Need to even out numbers... That's what Ripshod did too. It all leads to more budgies. :D

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Great update! I see where this even budgies thing leads though... Need to even out numbers... That's what Ripshod did too. It all leads to more budgies. :D
In my eyes nothing wrong with one more... but i am being realistic about. Number nine will have to be under very specific circumstances, and most likely number nine will not lead to a tenth.
But yes budgie flocks become addictive :xflove: wouldn't want it any other way!

Farfah

Walking the driveway
I love the wet chicken photos!! So funny. Sounds like your flock is coming along nicely!