• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A few questions??

Millymb23

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Milly
Hi! I have a few questions.
I have recently just took in a parrolet and have some questions.
When getting fresh vegetables how do I wash them?
Is cast iron okay to cook with? My sister gave me a few pans that her boyfriends grandma had.
Is frozen vegetables okay to use? And if so what brands would you recommend?
Thank you.

gravy

Moving in
Real Name
Gracie
You can soak vegetables and fruits, or just wash them off in the sink, especially broccoli with all the little crevices. My Chop "Recipe" this site is really good, I use it for seeing what veggies need to be cooked and what cannot be cooked. Also if I cook veggies I steam them.
You can get packs of frozen veggies at the grocery store like carrots, peas, and corn. Or you can buy individual packs of different vegetables as long as they aren’t seasoned. Organics and Great Value have decent veggie packs. :D

Millymb23

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Milly
You can soak vegetables and fruits, or just wash them off in the sink, especially broccoli with all the little crevices. My Chop "Recipe" this site is really good, I use it for seeing what veggies need to be cooked and what cannot be cooked. Also if I cook veggies I steam them.
You can get packs of frozen veggies at the grocery store like carrots, peas, and corn. Or you can buy individual packs of different vegetables as long as they aren’t seasoned. Organics and Great Value have decent veggie packs. :D
Thank you!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Welcome to the forum @Millymb23

Frozen veggies or fresh work. You don't need to mash them too extremely. Chopping is fine :)

Don't forget that parrotlets like veggies rich in vitamin A, like carrot or sweet potato, as well as greens!

It is fantastic that you want to feed fresh. Parrotlets benefit from this! :strhng:

Millymb23

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Milly
Welcome to the forum @Millymb23

Frozen veggies or fresh work. You don't need to mash them too extremely. Chopping is fine :)

Don't forget that parrotlets like veggies rich in vitamin A, like carrot or sweet potato, as well as greens!

It is fantastic that you want to feed fresh. Parrotlets benefit from this! :strhng:
Thank you :)