• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Family Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Of Part of the Banana Bunch (some may remember them some don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about :hehe:)

We have one as a visitor for a few days :)

For those who don't i'll try to be short and catch y'all up

The 3 girls were born Last March all 3 are Lutino, I was planning on keeping one and Named her Banana So that's where "banana Bunch" came to play from

My b/fs good friend bought one for his dad and Man alive is the lil' girl spoiled She doesn't know how to stay home! they live in the boonies of the Mountains in Kentucky - if his dad goes into town She goes with him ;)

while she was here today I took some pictures of her and Her baby brother They met for the 1st time today

She was born March 19 2009 and "squirt" was just born August 1 2009

the Parents are Mango & Kiwi - and They must have some Awesome genes, the girls and Squirt both Since the day they started flying automatically fly to me with out no training - I think y'all call it "recall" if they ever got into a spot I couldn't get to to get them All I ever had to do with hold up my arm Snap my fingers and they'd come flying to me, Either landing on my Finger, Forearm or head Every single time - I even tried it out from them being on their cage playing and me being in the hall way near my room they could not see me and I couldn't see them (i just heard them playing so i knew where they were) they'd have to go around a "curve" then it straightened back out to get to me Every single time I snapped my fingers, They'd come flying to me and land on me in the hall way :highfive:

I'll start with pics of The Banana bunch first to show her as a baby and all :)

Here they are as wee babies - the pics will bounce around so they're not in a specific order

3 weeks old and just pulled to start hand feeding

little bit older

Chow time

these girls also started eating solid foods at 22 days old :eek: - but still got hand fed of course

but ya this pic is not the best but I learned never to use White Care Fresh bedding and a Black T shirt again lol

Testing out the Peas

and the Noodles

as with all the birds in my house - BELLS are a MUST

first time in a big girl cage

Teddy goes from brooder to cage of all babies

My birds seem obsessed with looking out windows lol

Continued Below

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
The Banana Bunch Swinging

Bombs away

now onto Today's pics

Squirt meets his big sister Pretty Girl , for the 1st time :)

the 1st time they met outside a cage

Played on the couch for a few

Look what I can do sis

UGG where'd he go?

then I put Pretty Girl on the Tree While Squirt was doing his usual (looking out the window) but he seen me move and came to the tree too

and before any one asks. No Pretty Girl did not need Quarantined She went from my house to their house in Kentucky and has not seen another bird since she left here at 2 months ,they do not go to pet shops they order from Dr. Foster and smith or call me and i order for them online and it gets mailed to them

Like i said they live way up in the boonies of the mountains in Kentucky they don't see civilization very often

P.S. Pretty girl is also going home with a Brand new Never used cage - I attached it because its not in my photobucket account
and it'll pretty much be her Sleep cage - she is out of her cage from the time They get up until she goes to bed

Attachments

Last edited:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
AWWWWW They are SO Cute:) Great pics:highfive:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
so cute when they were little thanks for sharing

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thank you

their meeting went better than I thought, there was some bickering, and toe grabbing but for the biggest part they did play together :)

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Your lovies are adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.