• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A day on the farm

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´ve only just had chance to make a video with all the clips I took early october when I was in the UK. We visited a farm instead of a zoo because rain was forecast.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe a goanna, I saw one on a hike near mine. He was resting on the side of a tree.

That tortoise! The struggle is real :p Duckies too! :justducky:

An impressive assortment of ruminants. It looks more like a sanctuary, lucky little guys!

Thank you for sharing.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
What a lovely day out :heart: Your little boy is so adorable :fairy2: When he was with the lizards he totally reminds me of kids who see Echo when we go to the park. He's my favorite kind of kid too, ones that are a little shy but work up to courage to pet him. So gentle too.:cloud9:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
This is not what I thought a farm would be! All the incredible animals. I loved every minute of your video and especially loved the music. Thank you for sharing! The bunnies brought back a fond memory of my much beloved Turbo..

turbo.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Your little boy is so adorable
He is my little brothers boy. You can just hear him calling me Zara as we walk up to the llama :lol: He´s a really good kid, I only went to the UK for 3 days and we went on days out with him every day, and we (me and my mum) brought him back to Spain with me when I came home. We did this last year in October too, it works out well so we don´t have to fly alone.

ones that are a little shy but work up to courage to pet him
This is the first time he ever touched any reptiles. His parents are scared of them. With the bearded dragon, the lady said he could touch her, and he said no, but once he saw me doing it, he gave it a go :)
He wouldn´t hold any of them, but at least he plucked up the courage to touch them, maybe next time.
It was only once we got back to Spain that I realised he was scared of holding birds, but with the help of a falconer he got over his fear. He later came to my house and held Adelie, and then even went to the park and held the wild pigeons (fed them out of his hands). I never realised before then because he always loved watching birds fly, I just never noticed her was scared of them on him.

The bunnies brought back a fond memory of my much beloved Turbo..
Aww your bunny is adorable!!

That tortoise! The struggle is real
:lol: yes, she decided against coming out in the end. The lady there said that if the comes out and doesn´t go back, she has to call the guys out to come help lift the tortoise because she can´t on her own.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
He is my little brothers boy. You can just hear him calling me Zara as we walk up to the llama :lol: He´s a really good kid, I only went to the UK for 3 days and we went on days out with him every day, and we (me and my mum) brought him back to Spain with me when I came home. We did this last year in October too, it works out well so we don´t have to fly alone.

This is the first time he ever touched any reptiles. His parents are scared of them. With the bearded dragon, the lady said he could touch her, and he said no, but once he saw me doing it, he gave it a go :)
He wouldn´t hold any of them, but at least he plucked up the courage to touch them, maybe next time.
It was only once we got back to Spain that I realised he was scared of holding birds, but with the help of a falconer he got over his fear. He later came to my house and held Adelie, and then even went to the park and held the wild pigeons (fed them out of his hands). I never realised before then because he always loved watching birds fly, I just never noticed her was scared of them on him.

Aww your bunny is adorable!!

:lol: yes, she decided against coming out in the end. The lady there said that if the comes out and doesn´t go back, she has to call the guys out to come help lift the tortoise because she can´t on her own.
And that's the beginning of how you teach young kids not to be afraid of creatures ... of any kind. :heart::heart::heart:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
And that's the beginning of how you teach young kids not to be afraid of creatures ... of any kind. :heart::heart::heart:
Yes, I make a point when he comes to Spain to take him to the local zoo and into the reptile part to see the taratula and the roaches. They aren´t my faves but he doesn´t know that :lol:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yes, I make a point when he comes to Spain to take him to the local zoo and into the reptile part to see the taratula and the roaches. They aren´t my faves but he doesn´t know that :lol:
My mother tried to teach us not to be afraid of anything too. She hated cockroaches with a passion and Sout America has more than its fair share of them. My brother (3 years younger) had a habit of picking things up in the garden and bringing them in to show her and Mum always seemed happy about the things he'd show her. She told me the story about Rob bringing in something cupped in his hands so she couldn't see what it was and when he opened his hands he had a cockroach in them. :bvryafd: So she very carefully told him how nice it was and that he should put it back in the garden or his mummy & family would miss him.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Awe you guys got to interact with so many cool animals. I love that you are teaching him not to fear the ones most people do... I was thinking to myself how brave you were with the snake!
Thanks for sharing this :joyful:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I was thinking to myself how brave you were with the snake!
He was only a baby :)
I don´t mind snakes, bugs/spiders is where I´d struggle but they´re not something you get to interact with at most places.