• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A copy of The Practical Pionus

BuddTuggle

Moving in
Real Name
Budd Tuggley
A friend had tried (unsuccessfully) to get a copy of the book 'The practical Pionus', and we were finding that the book sells at unusually high prices. They told me they tried to get one on the author's website, and were unsuccessful.
I sourced a copy for myself, scanned it into my computer, and sent them the physical copy.
Is that digital asset something I can share here? I haven't seen that mentioned in the community standards, and thought I should ask.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
@BuddTuggle -- WELCOME to the Avenue!!! :pinkgrin: I assume you have Pionus... any pic?

@Mizzely -- Q-- if someone has a Question, and he finds it in an excerpt... is it legal to copy a portion and send it along? Especially if he gives credit to the Book/ Author?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

BuddTuggle

Moving in
Real Name
Budd Tuggley
Re: owning a Pionus? No, I don't own one. My interest in the book was purely based on my friend's interest.

Distribution: Yeah, in a strictly legal sense I can't go distributing it. Though it feels a little... "Legally grey" since it's ostensibly out of print, and difficult to find.
Perhaps I can, uhh... "Lend a copy" (or a chapter?) here and there.
Hit me up if that's interesting to you!
I'll respect the sites wishes and not put Avian Avenue in a difficult place.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Russ may have just missed your friend's email. Tell them to try again.

Russ has spent decades learning about Pionus in the wild and in captivity - I think that's knowledge worth paying for. I believe that he is also getting on in years. I'm not comfortable taking away a older man's publishing income by distributing his book without his knowledge or consent.