• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A cheeky baby hen and budgie squabbles!

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I can picture Pichu peeeeeking into that plate - SO cute!
Yes, he is making himself tall and long with the cutest face, difficult to resist!!

@Fergus Mom do they ever land on your head? Had a little male when I was a kid that would dive bomb my Mom's hair a few times, then land on her head and hang upside down from her bangs and talk to her...lol. It broke me up everytime he did it.
Pichu does that sometimes. He lands on my head and holds on my hair but since it is a bit slippery he'll drip down and end up almost looking me in the eye. o_O

Dorcas George

Awww, I hear you @Fergus Mom I so want these birds to trust me. Reading this thread reminded me of my sister’s little budgie, Blue Boy. We are talking 50+ years ago. I loved him SO much. Life at home was not happy and I spent a lot of time at my sister’s house. He was so sweet. Talked a lot and was also very chirpy. He loved oatmeal and would perch on the rim of a cereal bowl to take dainty little bites. And do the budgie bob. I was enthralled with him. One day he disappeared and we looked all over their tiny house. Found Blue Boy, stiff and cold, in a shoe. Buried him under a tree and talked about him for years.

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
A little update for you all ...
Flynn and Charlie are friends now- even best friends. They have been playing together so nicely and they are back in the one cage, and Flynn feels like the big cage is his home now. Strangely enough my once bossy little boy has totally mellowed and is quite happy to let Charlie take the reigns.
Flynns old cage is still available, and Charlie wanders in occasionally to eat the food, play with the toys and generally let us know she owns thar cage, too.
At night they are sleeping in seperate cages- Miss Charlie needs her space at night!

Dorcas George

After Charlie goes to sleep (she sleeps early, Flynn is a party budgie and is used to a slightly later bedtime) I sneak him out for an extra half an hour for our evening routine of watching TV together. He loves it.
That was SO FUNNY!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
That was SO FUNNY!
Indeed it is! It reminds me of when I was supposed to be in bed as a kid, and I'd creeeeeep slowly down the long hall and peep around the door to the den to see a scary movie on Saturday nights! :scared5:

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Another update for you!

This cheeky budgie girl has been getting more and more comfortable and even though she is stoll definitely very bossy, she is also very sweet!

She likes to do these random 'somersault' tumbles on top of her cage which is so funny! A few nights ago she managed to do one of her tumbles on my leg!

Flynn likes to sit 'nose to beak' with me sometimes, and today Charlie surprised me by initiating this! I'm so happy I'm getting to have this relationship with her. Of course, Flynn wanted to fly over and add his beak to the little bonding session and Charlie was NOT willing to share!

Flynn still gets his night time sneaky tv time