• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A car enthusiasts forum?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I do like the idea. We already have 'Planters Parkway'. BUUUT, where does it stop? We gonna have a subforum for everything? It'll get awful cluttered.

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I think that would be really cool!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I do like the idea. We already have 'Planters Parkway'. BUUUT, where does it stop? We gonna have a subforum for everything? It'll get awful cluttered.
Well some hear are motor heads. It's just a thought.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Plants are the new pets :lol:
Plants are also often related to bird keeping and care so they fit with the rest of the forum. Many here grow things for their birds to eat or use.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ve always likened my birds to certain cars. I’ve got a tiel built like an old boat of a Buick looking at me funny right now and a Ferrari conure doing hot laps around the room as I type. Does that count?

Ingenarel

Meeting neighbors
Straight and rude answer: NO
Just like @Ripshod said its awfully cluttered.
This is an avian forum. Its about birds and bird related or sub related things.
We already have dogs and rabbits. Yes i do like them but dogs and rabbits are not even related to birds. Fish, cows and pigs already have a sub Forum. They are helpful if You want to farm them and give their meat to your pet owl and/eagles.
And the planter's sub Forum is helpful for us cus some of us have many birds but not enough money to feed them with fresh foods everyday (me) so we grow the food by ourselves.

So if your bird is not like the bird in home alone who likes to drive a toy car, the answer is no

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
I'm not the site owner(s)/moderators, so it's not my place to say what is or isn't appropriate here, but perhaps people who want to talk about cars could have a stickied thread in the Neighborhood for it?

In theory, I understand the logic of this is a bird forum, here we talk about birds. But, some of us develop social relationships on these sorts of fora and enjoy a broader conversation with the people we've bonded with over a shared interest. I mean, we've already got a thread for the "hide the body committee" which is relevant to my interests.
;)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Straight and rude answer: NO
Just like @Ripshod said its awfully cluttered.
This is an avian forum. Its about birds and bird related or sub related things.
We already have dogs and rabbits. Yes i do like them but dogs and rabbits are not even related to birds. Fish, cows and pigs already have a sub Forum. They are helpful if You want to farm them and give their meat to your pet owl and/eagles.
And the planter's sub Forum is helpful for us cus some of us have many birds but not enough money to feed them with fresh foods everyday (me) so we grow the food by ourselves.

So if your bird is not like the bird in home alone who likes to drive a toy car, the answer is no
No reason whatsoever to post that your reply would be rude.

It's a comment area. If I thought the idea wasn't a possibility, after being here 10 plus years, I would have never posted it.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I think you at this time are just really enamored by your new automobile acquisition.
I once spent hours on a Mercedes Benz forum & before that vacuums, then dabbled in jade & pearls etc.
Things is there are places specifically designed for the detailed discussion of those things.
There is some overflow of topics beyond birds but for me most of what needs to be said about an enthusiastic subject can be voiced in the off topics etc Around the neighborhood. The way I think of it is if you need to talk about & discuss your eye you don't go to a foot doctor.

I know at one time the forum was concerned with bandwidth so they have to put limitations so I understand.
Things happen in our lives *& many of us have become close friends even family so we come to discuss & try to deal with unrelated bird issues in our lives. Its OK by me & I've been there.

I've taken apart my Benz & for a short while it was a passion. The old 83 Euro very special car had problems passing emissions & in CA that s a big deal. I love the car ut no longer drive & it sits under dust with a dead battery for years now. Finally accepted that I did not have the money to fix it so its no longer registered & insured.

Now its useless & I can't even sell it unless its registered & passes smog. Just a 2 ton garage paperweight now. A memory of some good times in the past. My world has changed so much. Cancer, a broken foot, covid & losing my Mom. I'm a mere shell of what I used to be. I just go on without much passion or dreams anymore so I understand.

What will be I guess will be. Does not hurt to ask a question or to express ones feelings.

Enjoy that beast. Thats was my Benz's nickname given to it by someone.

Her she is in her better days. Benz Front side.jpg

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I think you at this time are just really enamored by your new automobile acquisition.
I once spent hours on a Mercedes Benz forum & before that vacuums, then dabbled in jade & pearls etc.
Things is there are places specifically designed for the detailed discussion of those things.
There is some overflow of topics beyond birds but for me most of what needs to be said about an enthusiastic subject can be voiced in the off topics etc Around the neighborhood. The way I think of it is if you need to talk about & discuss your eye you don't go to a foot doctor.

I know at one time the forum was concerned with bandwidth so they have to put limitations so I understand.
Things happen in our lives *& many of us have become close friends even family so we come to discuss & try to deal with unrelated bird issues in our lives. Its OK by me & I've been there.

I've taken apart my Benz & for a short while it was a passion. The old 83 Euro very special car had problems passing emissions & in CA that s a big deal. I love the car ut no longer drive & it sits under dust with a dead battery for years now. Finally accepted that I did not have the money to fix it so its no longer registered & insured.

Now its useless & I can't even sell it unless its registered & passes smog. Just a 2 ton garage paperweight now. A memory of some good times in the past. My world has changed so much. Cancer, a broken foot, covid & losing my Mom. I'm a mere shell of what I used to be. I just go on without much passion or dreams anymore so I understand.

What will be I guess will be. Does not hurt to ask a question or to express ones feelings.

Enjoy that beast. Thats was my Benz's nickname given to it by someone.

Her she is in her better days. View attachment 385089
No doubt we are excited with this car. We race, we still have our other two no longer made Trans Am's. So the passion, knowledge of cars far surpasses the newest acquisition. It's part of my life, my hobby and passion.

Along with birds, my dogs It's me and what makes me, me :)

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
No doubt we are excited with this car. We race, we still have our other two no longer made Trans Am's. So the passion, knowledge of cars far surpasses the newest acquisition. It's part of my life, my hobby and passion.

Along with birds, my dogs It's me and what makes me, me :)
I had a 70 Ram air 3 Trans Am for 19 years. Headers. Loved that car too but it sat unused so long. Alwasy charging the battery to take it out for a 30 minute drive then months of no use. 19 years & finally decided to part with it about 15 years ago. Sad day. Now its worth 3 times as much.

I really think it was a good decision to sell it though as the insurance paid would negate alot of the profit for a car that just sat as a work of art. normal_70TransAMauto.jpg

A fond memory of my youth as I got this car in my 20's back in NY. Had it shipped to CA when I moved.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
It's a comment area. If I thought the idea wasn't a possibility, after being here 10 plus years, I would have never posted it.
Exactly :) My mother always said, ¨you don´t ask, you won´t get¨.

No reason not to suggest forum ideas, As Claire said, that is what this area is here for. Plus we have had new forums added recently, the Planters Parkway and Egglayers Expressway at member requests, as well as the conversion of Weight loss trail to Wellness Place.