• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A budgie for my budgie

Rei.dot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rei cooper
So Yuki my first Budgie has been pretty much trained . Steps up, eats out of your hand friendly nibbles warnings nibbles when she’s done for the day . I wanted to wait until she got to shoulder bird status before I got her a partner . But she was definitely getting depressed my company wasn’t enough . I started playing budgie sounds for her only for her to start bonking into the tv or try to hover and join the other birds in the picture . It broke my heart. It was time to buy a bird for my bird AB229912-7CE4-4A85-9804-E9B3F01F616D.jpeg this is Wammu (right) he’s an absolute jerk (to me ) and has a very different personality than Yuki training is going to be hard . But I haven’t seen her so happy in a long time so I know it will be worth it .

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That´s great that you got your bird a friend. Budgies really do thrive better with company.
They look very happy together :)
Remember to swap out the dowels when you can, they are ok to start with, but natural branches, or cotton perches are much better on your birds feet.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
But I haven’t seen her so happy in a long time so I know it will be worth it .
That is a wonderful thing! I am one to agree that there are happy single budgies, as I know my Lucy was, but I am also loving the attachment they form with their budgie friends - Fergus seems much happier now than the 5 months before we brought Fiona home. :heart: It always makes me wonder though, how would Fergus have been after a year if I had not gotten Fi. Who knows.... guess what matters is he's a happy boy and she's a happy girl.

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
I would have preferred to have Packet more tame before getting a second bird, but even though it has been a setback for his relationship with me, I think it was the right thing to do. (Supposedly Frost was hand fed and stepped up.Ha! All lies...but he's so cute...)

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I'm glad he's happy! I got Frost as a budgie for my budgie (Packer) and it isn't all positive but what is positive is how HAPPY Packer is. Two chirpy buddies are adorable, aren't they? :yes3::yes3:
Yes, that expressed my sentiments well on this subject!

I would have preferred to have Packet more tame before getting a second bird, but even though it has been a setback for his relationship with me, I think it was the right thing to do. (Supposedly Frost was hand fed and stepped up.Ha! All lies...but he's so cute...)
Nodding head vigorously now!

And ever since the upgrade, my bird is named Packet. Arrrgh
LOLLLL - I noticed that too, so it's Frost and Packet now!
I wonder if I will have Fergut and Fionat? ;) Are you sure it wasn't your typo? :rofl:

Dorcas George

@Fergus Mom Nope! It changes it every single time! I try to change it but sometimes I try two or three times and then I give up! So if you are agreeing with me, there is hope. Ha! Frost being still nervous is one thing but Packer has been here seven months! He’s happy to eat out of my hand but that is IT! They both do lots of head bobbing now, both at each other and (I think) me.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
@Fergus Mom Nope! It changes it every single time! I try to change it but sometimes I try two or three times and then I give up!
So @Dorcas George - Do you mean when you try to type Packer's name, it changes it during the time you are typing it? Packer, Packer, Packer... < now I'm trying it to make sure it comes out right! ;)

Dorcas George

Packer gets changed as I am typing. But this time it didn't so maybe the spell check is learning!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Packer gets changed as I am typing. But this time it didn't so maybe the spell check is learning!
Ohhhh! It was the spell check. I didn't even think of that! Thanks for clarifying! I thought you meant it was the web site, since the upgrade.

Dorcas George

Ohhhh! It was the spell check. I didn't even think of that! Thanks for clarifying! I thought you meant it was the web site, since the upgrade.
Well it did only start happening after the upgrade.

Rei.dot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rei cooper
I def
That´s great that you got your bird a friend. Budgies really do thrive better with company.
They look very happy together :)
Remember to swap out the dowels when you can, they are ok to start with, but natural branches, or cotton perches are much better on your birds feet.
I definitely will be switching out the dowels soon. they do have a natural wood perch from the old cage but It’s tiny compared to the new cage so they don’t use it as often they like getting their laps in on those long dowels.

Rei.dot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rei cooper
They look very sweet together! Wammu isn't a jerk, just getting used to it all
Lol true it hasn’t been long since I’ve gotten him . he’s definitely a wilder personality than Yuki though, he likes to stick his butt agains the cage wall to Poop and rushes the doors when I change food and water .