• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video A Boris Update

Hrtofau2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
I have talked a lot about the progress that has been made with Ducky lately, but I have not talked about the Bo-Bo. So I figured I was over due. ;)

Boris is doing quite well overall. We still have to monitor and watch him closely when he is out, but he IS doing better. We have not had a dive bomb attack in quite a while, which is a definite plus. We are still working on trust building and so far I am glad to say we have built up quite a bit. It has been almost 2 1/2 months since I have been truly bitten. ::knocks on wood:: :excited2:

He is also talking up a storm too. I still find it funny that he talks in two voices, one very obviously Moon, and one that is me. I finally got a video of it too!

Boris now says:
"Hello"
"pretty boy"
"good boy"
"peek a boo"
"ohhh!"
"How are you"

He still has some things that are hard to make out, especially when a certain OTHER cockatoo is jealous of the attention and is squawking while we are trying to talk.. :p

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
His voice is sooo cute! Charlie has a major crush on Boris..she watched the video with me and non stop was trying to talk to him lol. She kept telling him to "step up" and "come here" while he was on your finger. then she went on telling him "good baby" or "prettyyyy" and of course lots of whistling/happy clicking noises!

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
adorable! and he grabs the fingers too

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Such a cute voice! Milton was very interested in the video- in fact, he called back "PRETTY, PRETTY BIRD" to Boris. It's Milty's "seal of approval", and usually reserved ONLY for U2s... :D

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How cute :)
At :45ish it sounds like he says "wanna scratch" and later on after your second "I see you" it sounds like he repeated "see you" :heart:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
OMG! He's so quiet! Kishka is such a loud mouth in comparison! LOL! Such a cute and well mannered little man. In comparison, I think we're living with George of the jungle.

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
How cute :)
At :45ish it sounds like he says "wanna scratch" and later on after your second "I see you" it sounds like he repeated "see you" :heart:

I think he is working on "see you" as well. I have thought that I have heard it before but was not 100% sure. ;)

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:hehe: Boris:heart:..!! your doing so well. & are cute beyond words..love the too voice.:D..

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
[quote="Hrtofau2, post: 1930510, member: 9806"
He is also talking up a storm too. I still find it funny that he talks in two voices, one very obviously Moon, and one that is me. I finally got a video of it too!

Boris now says:
"Hello"
"pretty boy"
"good boy"
"peek a boo"
"ohhh!"
"How are you"

He still has some things that are hard to make out, especially when a certain OTHER cockatoo is jealous of the attention and is squawking while we are trying to talk.. :p

[/quote]

I wanted to add a few more in here. A few more of his garble words are starting to become clearer. He has also started saying "See You" and my all time favorite saying..."Love You" :heart:

birdle

love it :) is Boris hormonal? just curious in a few years maybe I want a galah but not sure yet :cool: