• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A bit of a gash (warning: somewhat graphic pic)

Alan J.

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Alan Jardine
An outsourced construction company was working at my Aquarium and left a metal 20l paint tin in a passageway. These tins have metal lids with metal flanges / flaps, that are pried up when opening the lid and downwards to reseal or close it. These flaps were left in a horizontal mid-way position and I sliced my leg as I rust past the tin.

The wound looked as if it needed stitches, but I was busy and left it until late afternoon, when I got and applied those material, adhesive stitch strips. They unfortunately tore loose within a few days and to make matters worse, the wound became infected.

Well, all good now, but it got me thinking that in my case, a paint tin lid, turned out to be more dangerous than Alex ever has!

Leg 3.jpg

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
.You sound like me - I never go to a doctor. My head could be rotting off and I wouldn't go. Different story with my bird - she goes every three months no matter what.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
If you haven't gotten a tetnus shot in a while.... I'd say get one since you work where your skin might come in contact with metal again. That was a nasty boo boo!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow that looked nasty!! I am really glad you’re ok Alan and I am so relieved to find out Alex was not the cause of your injury lol.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Ugh... in macaw motorway? I thought it was on your bird! Yuck Alan. :wtf: Your arm goes in around the neighborhood. :laugh:
Other end, Sarah, it's his leg.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Now I have to ask - was one ever offered? :hehe:

P.S. Not by Alan J.
I sure might! Lola makes a grab at my butt all the time when I bend over to put trash in the bag. I've never had a hard pinch but she sure tries! One more reason to never be a nudist in the home... ( at least for me!)