• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

_" Apparently, Lily Recognizes Pizza as food, but not Apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
:rolleyes: This crazy little budgie o' mine!

So, just a little story I wanted to share.

I've been trying to get Lily to eat healthier and was trying to introduce her to apple a few days ago. So I was nibbling on it and trying to get her interested in it. She kinda nibbled but didn't really bite. So I gave up for the morning and ate my pizza.

Well, while I was eating, Lily began to show interest. So, I held it up to her, curious and sure enough she starts attacking the thing like she is starving!

Now, I read that budgies don't recognize stuff as food and that is why they don't take to it so easily. So apparently, Lily recognizes pizza as food, but not apples.

Crazy little bird. . .

She has also done something like this with a chocolate chip cookie. (Don't worry, I kept it away from her. Even though she was, like, diving towards my hands to get the cookie.)

So maybe, somewhere in Austrailia, cheese pizza grows off of trees and there are Chocolate-chip cookie bushes.

(Why the frowny face at the top? I'm not sure. Maybe because it kinda annoyed me.)

Bambino

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Melissa
I wish my budgie would eat healthier too all she is intrested in is the edges of poptarts:p

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
I wish my budgie would eat healthier too all she is intrested in is the edges of poptarts:p
:hehe: How funny.

(My cousins have a little yellow bird like that and she is a little DICTATOR!!)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How cute. Pop tarts rock! I want to live where there are pizza trees and chocolate chip cookie bushes....YUM

Status
Not open for further replies.