• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent 9 month old Cockatiel straining to poop

lizmisssun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
liz
Please help!
I am unsure if am emergency vet trip is needed.
My cockatiel seems to be straining to poop and urates look off. Vent looks swollen and winks after pooping. On a diet of pellets, avian cakes, dried Karen veggies ans fresh veggies. I have pictures attached of poo and vent area. Acting perfectly normal happy singing cuddling eating drinking.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Baylee had a similar case when she was egg bound turned out the egg she had was broken and her poop had lots of bubbles in it due to an infection caused by the broken egg.
So yes I would take the Tiel to the vet right away.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I was thinking maybe an egg too, but whatever is going on it seems a vet visit would be in order. I hope your bird will be okay!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Girl? Young, I know, but could be Eggies in there,..can you feel the area? A couple days before the eggie, itll be soft and swollen... If you feel a hard bump, then theres an egg coming soon..may take a day or two to come out, but,,I always say, when in doubt, call your vet.. keep baby warm and hydrated..hoping for the best!