• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

8 weeks Blue and gold baby

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Where would Tanga have got worms do you think?

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Where would Tanga have got worms do you think?
I honestly have no idea, we clean the cage regularly we feed her the best food that we eat from ourselves. The vet says it happens :huh: And this isn’t even the reason the stool changed it’s color, we found out today it was because of the pallets (Harrison adult life time) they didn’t use to change it before though, & the moment we introduced them today the stool went to being dark again.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
So how is Tanga doing now? Everything back to normal with her?

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
So how is Tanga doing now? Everything back to normal with her?
She’s doing fine, but whenever she eats pallets it turns black so I have thrown the patch I have just in case and a new one had arrived yesterday so I’ll see what happens tomorrow.
I’m noticing she’s preferring pallets to vegetables lately so I’m guessing maybe because she’s eating too much of it?
thanks for asking :heart:

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
'HOOK EM' while they're young!!!
I do let Tangawizi out with my baby & Tangawizi goes pick-a-poo lol oddly my baby doesn’t flinch when Tangawizi screams lol

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Oh, no... looks like that may be his favorite! I never thought about a metal cup...

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
The noises it makes is music to Tangawizi’s ears cz she enjoys throwing things (specially when filled with anything that can scatter all over the floor) and hear its loud hit on the floor
Oh, no... looks like that may be his favorite! I never thought about a metal cup...

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I buy a set of cheap aluminum measuring cups now and then and string them .One of my birds' favorite. - I'll admit not one of my favorites.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
WORST trip to a vet ever!
last night we took Tangawizi to a new vet since the one we usually go to and like suddenly disappeared :(
Going for the regular peak trim (because of scissors peak)

we didn’t let him continue only removed the pointy shot part and we stopped him.
Apparently the jerk held my baby too tight check the bruises we found this morning :( anything I can do from my side?
I’m feeding Tangawizi from my baby girls purée because it seems to hurt breaking things with her peak :’(

Attachments

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
WORST trip to a vet ever!
last night we took Tangawizi to a new vet since the one we usually go to and like suddenly disappeared :(
Going for the regular peak trim (because of scissors peak)

we didn’t let him continue only removed the pointy shot part and we stopped him.
Apparently the jerk held my baby too tight check the bruises we found this morning :( anything I can do from my side?
I’m feeding Tangawizi from my baby girls purée because it seems to hurt breaking things with her peak :’(
Thankful she still looks like she's ok mentally!

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Thankful she still looks like she's ok mentally!
She’s quieter than usual and doesn’t break things because I think it feels sore still.
I didn’t go to work today and played with her and my daughter bless her got easily distracted

really breaks our heart

Attachments

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Awwww. There facial skin is so sensitive. There is really little to be done except maybe getting some pain meds from the vet... which I would not be calling after that. :(

You expect slight discomfort when you have unruly birds that won't stop struggling but it's not that common to see bruising. Hope she feels better in a day or two.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Awwww. There facial skin is so sensitive. There is really little to be done except maybe getting some pain meds from the vet... which I would not be calling after that. :(

You expect slight discomfort when you have unruly birds that won't stop struggling but it's not that common to see bruising. Hope she feels better in a day or two.
It really sucks when you don’t have a vet you trust :( is there a way I can do her trimming myself?