• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

8 weeks Blue and gold baby

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Hi all,

So far so good, Tangawizi hasn’t barber anymore feathers, we still have one day of medicine to be taken on Tuesday and then we will check at the vet.

thank you everyone for your continuous support :heart: we will keep you posted

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Hello,

So my hubby tested positive for corona virus :( I still didn’t get my results yet.
Does anyone know if Tangawizi at risk or It doesn’t transfer to birds from humans?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I don't think enough is known about this virus to give you any certainty. Just focus on keeping your husband as healthy as possible. Breathing exercises and trying to stay strong. Is he having symptoms?

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello,

So my hubby tested positive for corona virus :( I still didn’t get my results yet.
Does anyone know if Tangawizi at risk or It doesn’t transfer to birds from humans?
I hope he feels better soon and you're able to stay negative.

This article was written in March 2020. It will give you good information regarding concern and biosecurity suggestions.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
I really hope nor you or your baby get infected and thar your husband gets better soon and without complications.
Unfortunately I tested positive as well :( Tangawizi hates being in the cage all day long :( I’ll try to find ways to entertain her while in the cage

Personally I feel like I have regular flu. Really nothing serious just cough (hopefully it won’t worsen) chills but no fever, body ache and the weirdest one is eyeball pain and soreness if I move it by looking in any direction but ahead.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Unfortunately I tested positive as well :( Tangawizi hates being in the cage all day long :( I’ll try to find ways to entertain her while in the cage

Personally I feel like I have regular flu. Really nothing serious just cough (hopefully it won’t worsen) chills but no fever, body ache and the weirdest one is eyeball pain and soreness if I move it by looking in any direction but ahead.
Get better soon

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Tangawizi hates being in the cage all day long :( I’ll try to find ways to entertain her while in the cage
It is what it is. She'll have to deal with it.
As horrible as it is, I'd wear a face mask in her presence and desinfect my hands (wash and F10 them, wear gloves even) before handlling her stuff.. To be on the safe side. Air the room a lot and maybe even add F10 in to a humidifier/mister.

@Hankmacaw ?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Nouf, maybe you can make her up some fun shredding toys and foraging toys to help keep her entertained and busy while she needs to be caged and you need to rest.
I find really simple things like frozen plastic bottles of water, empty boxes, old bits of toys put on the mess catcher or roof of the cage will often keep Burt busy for ages.

I hope you both recover very quickly.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
eyeball pain
I read once that 1% to 3% of people who get it have conjunctivitis (pink eye) as a symptom, maybe that's why?

Reactions: Ali

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Hey again,

to keep posted Tangawizi barbered more of her feathers on Monday on the sides of where there is broken feathers :( however the past days and today nothing happened, she’s happy and her appetite is good. It could be because we didn’t turn on her humidifier because of our illness and lack of energy.

she’s eating more vegetables than she usually plays with and that’s amazing (sweet potato, zucchini, carrot, brussles sprouts, all kind of berries, hot chili, green peas, cucumbers, pomegranat

I wanted to ask about good heaters or room warmers to get for her room and/or cage, because winter is coming and it can be very cold and dry over here.

thank you all :heart:

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Along with supplemental heat you will also want to get a humidifier. I use the sealed oil filled radiator type units. I like the DeLongi brand.

How are you feeling?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Tangi is doing wonderful. How are you two flu people?

Many of us use a radiator type heater for the bird room. It does well. The only thing I don't like is it's slow heating up.

Here are examples of some. Oh yes, I recommend a themostat on any you get.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Tangi is doing wonderful. How are you two flu people?

Many of us use a radiator type heater for the bird room. It does well. The only thing I don't like is it's slow heating up.

Here are examples of some. Oh yes, I recommend a themostat on any you get.
we are doing well much better than last week and we were cleared by the misitru of health over here, never appreciated the gift of taste smell like I do now lol
Here’s a video for you all of Tangawizi and I playing :heart: Love you all!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
She is sure mad at that thing above her getting in her way.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That's great to hear.