• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

8 weeks Blue and gold baby

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
LOLOLOLOL - She's having a great time (so is mama).

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Ummm, her tail is missing. Did she really snap them all?
She didn’t snap them per say they broke with her aggressive jumping and playing all over the cage, though her cage is very spacious so when they were bothering her while moving she clipped only the broken ones, unfortunately they were breaking one after another and non were left but her little bottom, it’s been few months now and there’s only the white ends left attached.

Last edited:

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My goodness, she is tail challenged.
Just like Oreo :lol:

She was growing a new tail then decided to smash all the blood feathers with her horrible flight :banghead:

Now she’s a little ducky again :rolleyes:

image.jpg

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Check our baby playing with her birdie bread (whole wheat flour - oatmeal - sweet potatoes purée - shredded carrots and zucchini - few blueberries and strawberries - coconut milk - coconut oil - Ceylon cinnamon - turmeric)
She didn’t eat it fully and played with most of it :lol:

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Guys we have an emergency!
Suddenly I saw three blood spots that weren’t there minutes ago and went to check on Tangawizi in her cage and found out she broke a new tail feather I think she’s preening it and went a little too rough I don’t know.
I’m attaching a pic for the tail, the bleeding stopped and the vet won’t open till 3 hours ahead. What can we do? Anything we can get from pharmacy? Give her formula for energy? Her energy is a bit lower than usual.

@Macawnutz @Hankmacaw

Attachments

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
She’s back to being energetic again with a good appetite she ate pallets & drank water

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Not to much you can do other than stopping the bleeding. Corn starch or flour should work. If you could not get it stopped the recommendation would be to pull it but that is always a last resort.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Not to much you can do other than stopping the bleeding. Corn starch or flour should work. If you could not get it stopped the recommendation would be to pull it but that is always a last resort.
It stopped on its own thankfully.
Is it because the plastic-wrap-thing around the new feather broke too soon it bled? Or the feather it self broke?

And thank you so much really for responding

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yes, she preened the sheath back too far and the feather is not ready to be preened. They are called blood feathers because they are new and you can only preen what is fully formed.

If it bled you will probably have a mark on that feather ( stress bar ) from where she did the damage but as long as she leaves it alone going forward it should be fine.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Yes, she preened the sheath back too far and the feather is not ready to be preened. They are called blood feathers because they are new and you can only preen what is fully formed.

If it bled you will probably have a mark on that feather ( stress bar ) from where she did the damage but as long as she leaves it alone going forward it should be fine.
Thank you! Really thank you!
She bled now just smaller drops than earlier I took corn flour and sprinkled it over the tear then patted on it more

She’s very active & playful I feel she won’t give the tail time to heal should I give her chamomile or something to relax and sleep?

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
She should leave it alone as it should hurt her to mess with it. Let's hope she leaves it alone.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Looks like she just over preened that feather. If she leaves it alone now, it should grow out just fine (with a stress bar on it).

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Love that video! Looks like he is putting the top back on the bottle after he opens it... right?
Bet you could trick train him pretty easily... Have you tried throwing him a fabric ball-- my macaw and I used to play catch-- he'd throw it back at me!

He looks like SUCH A CHARACTER!!!

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Love that video! Looks like he is putting the top back on the bottle after he opens it... right?
Bet you could trick train him pretty easily... Have you tried throwing him a fabric ball-- my macaw and I used to play catch-- he'd throw it back at me!

He looks like SUCH A CHARACTER!!!
Yes she loves opening bottles and trying to put the led again it’s the best way to keep her busy if I have something to do lol . I’ll try the throw and catch with her thank you! :D