• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

8 weeks Blue and gold baby

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Hi everyone.

A video of Tangawizi’s irresistible baby voices

she’s so funny, every time she hears the kettle on she starts screaming thinking it’s her formula lol:laugh: when I whisper to her at night she respond with a whisper, she says baba now:heart:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I've missed my Tanga videos. She is as cute as she can be.

I didn't get any sound with that video Now I got sound.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well! Our family is doing well.
We have noticed this in our bundle of joy’s beak, can you help us please? Is it normal is it going to grow to be normal? It doesn’t pain her is nothing happens when we touch it.

Here’s a funny story, chopped food can turn into little flames when microwaved:jawdrop1: I found out this when I was warming up Tangawizi’s chop (brocoli, chili, beetroot, zucchini, carrots) which she doesn’t still doesn’t eat as a full meal but she’s drinking more water now.

she has been also communicating with us by screaming when the sun goes down and it’s getting darker in her room so we turn the lights on lol

Attachments

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Thank you for always comforting us :heart:
I have been there and remember my panic. :D
How's the barbering? Did it just disappear or do you have hints of it?

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
I have been there and remember my panic. :D
How's the barbering? Did it just disappear or do you have hints of it?
She stopped completely thank god. But she is shedding we would notice whole feathers with their roots falling on their own while she’s with us but it’s not a lot.

I wanted to ask about cool weather, we live in an area where it gets cold (gets as low as 1 to 12celsius) and dry in the winter, and sometimes windy. We have the oil heater and the humidifier for Tangawizi’s room, however is it safe taking her outside the house in such a weather (just from/to car) or this might give her a cold?
also is there anything else we should do to ensure the environment is perfect for her in the winter, special food or anything? I noticed she’s eating a tad more than she used to, also I noticed few sneezes (not related to showering) dunno if I should be worried.

thanks

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
She stopped completely thank god. But she is shedding we would notice whole feathers with their roots falling on their own while she’s with us but it’s not a lot.

I wanted to ask about cool weather, we live in an area where it gets cold (gets as low as 1 to 12celsius) and dry in the winter, and sometimes windy. We have the oil heater and the humidifier for Tangawizi’s room, however is it safe taking her outside the house in such a weather (just from/to car) or this might give her a cold?
also is there anything else we should do to ensure the environment is perfect for her in the winter, special food or anything? I noticed she’s eating a tad more than she used to, also I noticed few sneezes (not related to showering) dunno if I should be worried.

thanks
1 celsius huh? :rofl: I'm in Wisconsin... We go WAY lower than that. :laugh:
We keep our heat at 70 degrees F. Don't bring the birds outside unless straight to a warm car ( in a carrier covered with blankets ). We have a humidifier that stays running at 45% and we hunker down for the chilly months. Here the days are shorter so my guys are wanting to go to bed earlier. It's about 4pm that they want in but I can see it moving to 3pm if you can believe. It's dark here by 5.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
1 celsius huh? :rofl: I'm in Wisconsin... We go WAY lower than that. :laugh:
We keep our heat at 70 degrees F. Don't bring the birds outside unless straight to a warm car ( in a carrier covered with blankets ). We have a humidifier that stays running at 45% and we hunker down for the chilly months. Here the days are shorter so my guys are wanting to go to bed earlier. It's about 4pm that they want in but I can see it moving to 3pm if you can believe. It's dark here by 5.
wow! Just googled Wisconsin temperature and it can get below zero:confused: I wouldn’t survive there myself lol

Thank you for the tips though. My baby has been eating more but never wants to sleep earlier she just wanna play out of the cage all the time lol and I’m fighting every temptation to let her out of her cage in her room to play with her all night long :heart:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
LOL - Nouf. In Wisconsin, the deep freeze of America, it gets down to 30 below zero. Sometimes more.

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Hey everyone,

we have an incident with Tangawizi :( she was standing on top of the door as always does however it was windy (which doesn’t happens often over here) and the door slammed shot on her feet and I had to open it to release it!! I’m at the vet to get and x ray and waiting to be called now :’( the place don’t know about birds but the only place that will do x rays

She’s been using it normally yesterday and was quiet when it first happen dunno if it’s shock or pain or both. She ate normally today.
i have attached a video for the feet if you can comment please tell me if anything shows

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Poor Tanga, I hope every thing is ok with her pretty little toes.

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Hey everyone,

we have an incident with Tangawizi :( she was standing on top of the door as always does however it was windy (which doesn’t happens often over here) and the door slammed shot on her feet and I had to open it to release it!! I’m at the vet to get and x ray and waiting to be called now :’( the place don’t know about birds but the only place that will do x rays

She’s been using it normally yesterday and was quiet when it first happen dunno if it’s shock or pain or both. She ate normally today.
i have attached a video for the feet if you can comment please tell me if anything shows
:bighug:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Hey everyone,

Is she even limping? Limping/holding it up/heat and swelling would concern me. Is any of this present?

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
Is she even limping? Limping/holding it up/heat and swelling would concern me. Is any of this present?
No none of that is showing thank god, the vet saw the X-rays and said nothing is broken thank god and if it’s still painful for her (because I held her feet earlier and she punched me so I assumed it hurts her because baby tanga only pinches when something hurting or annoying her.
I’ll share the X-rays tonight as well.
The vet said if she’s still in pain within 5 days being her over so we give her antibiotics.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
If none of that was showing I probably would not have brought her to the vet. :D

Pain, if you think she has pain you would want a pain killer not antibiotics. If you stubbed your toe you would take tylenol not penicillin. ;)
Macaws are usually big babies when they are hurt. They limp and hold their foot up if they really have pain. I assume it looked worse than it was, mom. :laugh:

Nouf

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nouf
I a
If none of that was showing I probably would not have brought her to the vet. :D

Pain, if you think she has pain you would want a pain killer not antibiotics. If you stubbed your toe you would take tylenol not penicillin. ;)
Macaws are usually big babies when they are hurt. They limp and hold their foot up if they really have pain. I assume it looked worse than it was, mom. :laugh:
The reason it freaked me out is the door slammed shut and it didn’t open as smoothly as it usually does because something was jump my heart stopped and I felt like I’m about to go crazy, I’m not even exaggerating :(
As for the vet you’re right, she’s clueless I just needed the X-rays to be at peace honestly.
Here’s a video loaded with Tangawizi attitude after she threw her mud

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Probably caught her fingernail as that's not a bird with a hurt toe. ;)