• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

8 weeks Blue and gold baby

weko

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
weko
@Macawnutz i need your help, so at 8 in the Evening we fed him his last meal, around 12 AM we saw him eating his poop so my wife cleaned him and changed his towels, now after two hours he regurgitated or vomited I don’t know the difference but very little amount and the feeling of it is a bit like mucous, then She kept preening her self. Can u tell me if this behavior is normal ?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Vomit usually is done with a head shaking side to side to fling the spew out and it gets everywhere, regurgitation is usually more up and down and is usually fairly neatly deposited in front of them. I think most babies have a try of their poop because they have to feel and test everything with that beak- Burt did once and was not real impressed with it lol.
Hopefully what you describe is fine, Sarah or ML will confirm when they are back online :)

weko

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
weko
Vomit usually is done with a head shaking side to side to fling the spew out and it gets everywhere, regurgitation is usually more up and down and is usually fairly neatly deposited in front of them. I think most babies have a try of their poop because they have to feel and test everything with that beak- Burt did once and was not real impressed with it lol.
Hopefully what you describe is fine, Sarah or ML will confirm when they are back online :)
Then it’s regurgitation cuz it’s a bit and done in a very calm way and infront of her

weko

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
weko
Morning everyone,

@Macawnutz today she weighed 1054, she is in a good health condition and flaps her wings a lot, she is excited to a point she don’t want me to follow her to eat, playing like a baby ! once we are all around her.

but I notice she loves spending her time near the walland I can’t know why...

778134F4-97D3-42D2-92C6-012A043EB132.jpeg

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
She's alright. Just is not comfortable with the wide open spaces.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
What cage do you have and how can you make it safe?

weko

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
weko
What cage do you have and how can you make it safe?
Well I fobt have any cage now, I might get him a bigger and deeper box from ikea or I’ll wait till her cage arrive and I’ll put her in the bottom and cover it with towels

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Just my opinion, but I don't think she's stable enough yet for a large cage. If she climbed up and fell, she'd badly injure herself. She's hardly perching yet, right?
I'd do what you suggested and get her a larger deeper box until she's stable on her perches.
I kept Chaos in one of those plastic dog kennels until he was stable enough to go to his big boy cage.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I think you need a bigger box with a lip and an open top with a towel draped over it. Some old school aviculturists used these to simulate nest cavities. Put paper or shavings in the bottom, a piece of wood for perching, and foot toys.

weko

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
weko
Just my opinion, but I don't think she's stable enough yet for a large cage. If she climbed up and fell, she'd badly injure herself. She's hardly perching yet, right?
I'd do what you suggested and get her a larger deeper box until she's stable on her perches.
I kept Chaos in one of those plastic dog kennels until he was stable enough to go to his big boy cage.
Yes she is hardly getting on a perch but she flaps a lot, she is not getting excited when she sees the syringe, she is moody a bit.
I think you need a bigger box with a lip and an open top with a towel draped over it. Some old school aviculturists used these to simulate nest cavities. Put paper or shavings in the bottom, a piece of wood for perching, and foot toys.
So I was thinking of this big carton box from ikea, what do u think guys ? Else I’ll buy her a dog kennel. Speaking of foot toys she got plenty of them yet she plays only with her mouth till now she has no foot balance I think

3B8A5989-E709-4C67-82FF-4120A91CFFA7.jpeg 9CADA09D-4E01-47D8-9692-C90A5B4D89D6.jpeg
I found a new soft spot.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Burt loves getting tickles under there too. What a sweet baby she is!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
A cardboard box? My biggest thought is bacteria could easily grow when the poop hits it. Not easy to clean and keep your baby safe from germs. Other than that it may work for a short time.

Do you know anyone with a plastic or metal dog crate? You could just borrow (sanitize it) one for a short time.
I drilled holes in mine and put in a perch across so that Chaos could practice perching while I was at work.
Either works well as long as they are for a large dog, and then your baby is safe with a door and yet plenty of air.

I'm sure others will have some ideas.

weko

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
weko
A cardboard box? My biggest thought is bacteria could easily grow when the poop hits it. Not easy to clean and keep your baby safe from germs. Other than that it may work for a short time.

Do you know anyone with a plastic or metal dog crate? You could just borrow (sanitize it) one for a short time.
I drilled holes in mine and put in a perch across so that Chaos could practice perching while I was at work.
Either works well as long as they are for a large dog, and then your baby is safe with a door and yet plenty of air.

I'm sure others will have some ideas.
I’ll see about the dog kennel tomorrow.

weko

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
weko
@Macawnutz do you really think it’s normal at this age she is asking for food once I bring the food she shows no interest ? Just wanna bite and try to climb the edge ?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You just need a bigger plastic tub right now. :D It's a fun stage.... mobile but not quite mobile.

She is at the age where refusing food is common. Like @melissasparrots parrots said on again off again. Truthfully, in that video I'm not really liking how you are feeding her. You really want to be holding your fingers on the sides of her beak attempting to get a feeding response while you are squirting. Unless she is getting the hang of eating and swallowing then you can squirt some and wait for her to finish.

weko

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
weko
You just need a bigger plastic tub right now. :D It's a fun stage.... mobile but not quite mobile.

She is at the age where refusing food is common. Like @melissasparrots parrots said on again off again. Truthfully, in that video I'm not really liking how you are feeding her. You really want to be holding your fingers on the sides of her beak attempting to get a feeding response while you are squirting. Unless she is getting the hang of eating and swallowing then you can squirt some and wait for her to finish.
okay let me tell you what is really going on, she wont allow 2 fingers and she will never ever make any feeding response ( ill show you tomorrow) what she does she tuck her head and look up I feed her 5 cc i wait till she finishes then another 5 cc, imagine 65 cc done in the same way! that's why i was asking u always do u think she is normal. recently i notice while she is asleep she screams like she is having a dream or something is that normal?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Every baby is different just like every bird is different. She is allowed to dream, calm down. :)