• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

8,1 L 100% Low-tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
As I do love DIY and got (for free) two smaller pieces of 5 mm optiwhite glass I decided that the window 2 L glass bowl should be replaced to a cube instead.
No fishes and no shrimps, only freshwater snails lives their.

I know I don't make beautiful joints as I want to press it with my fingers.
But this way I know it's gonna be a strong joint.

All I do to this tank is to add calcium and evaporated water. And of course food.
But please don't try this with fishes, they deserve circulated water and weekly water changes. (IMO)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
We used to have tropical fish and a few aquarium setups and pumps and filters and we never changed the water as long as it was going well and clean. We'd just ad water as it evaporated out and we had established tanks that ran for years. We had to move or something so gave my friend our tanks and fish and he killed the whole tank by changing out the water and cleaning it then dumping all the fish back in. They died within a day and some of them were 15 years old. He never put in the anti chlorine drops as he had no clue and didn't ask us first:(
I also kept a small wild tank with crayfish and snails and it just sat by itself and just worked with some plants and things as they ate what they found and lived like they were in a pond. We also kept small crayfish in the main tanks and they were great at making sure the sand was clean and making a cave somewhere under a rock or the filter to live in. They did love eating the snails and TRYING to catch the fish. They didn't get real big because of the size of the tank but they did very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.