• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

7 year old newly adopted

SunConSimb

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jessica
This is Simba, a 7 year old surrender female whom flew to onto me one day while I was checking out the bird store and she was attacking someone trying to get her out. Apparently she chose me. Ever since we’ve been very close. Thanks for letting me join the forum and I’m learning as I go but I had a few questions, I have no intentions in giving simba away EVER for no amount of money offered but a guy came up offering a lot of money to breed her to make something called red factors??? He said she wasn’t an average Sun? She looks pretty average to me. Obviously beautiful. Anyway, the other question is what do you guys feed your sun conures? I know some can be picky (like mine) would just like to see what fellow sun owners feed theirs. Thanks!

Attachments

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@DoubleTake has sun conures

She is really pretty and does seem more red than some sun conures I've seen.

Edit: I looked up a picture of a red factor sun conure and they look like mini scarlet macaws

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Simba is very pretty! I don't know much about suns though to offer advice.

@webchirp ?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I feed dry food in the cage (nutriberries and zupreem natural pellets). At night I feed a variety of chop and or veggies. Chya will generally eat most anything. She is not picky.

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
This is Simba, a 7 year old surrender female whom flew to onto me one day while I was checking out the bird store and she was attacking someone trying to get her out. Apparently she chose me. Ever since we’ve been very close. Thanks for letting me join the forum and I’m learning as I go but I had a few questions, I have no intentions in giving simba away EVER for no amount of money offered but a guy came up offering a lot of money to breed her to make something called red factors??? He said she wasn’t an average Sun? She looks pretty average to me. Obviously beautiful. Anyway, the other question is what do you guys feed your sun conures? I know some can be picky (like mine) would just like to see what fellow sun owners feed theirs. Thanks!
Omg she is so beautiful

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
She has more red than I have ever seen in those birds. She is quite striking.