• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

6 months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oknuma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Oknuma
on the 27th of May 2009 a sweet lil bird in a considerable amount of pain found my then 3 year old son and clung to his pant leg for dear life.

The words "Mummy, mummy there is a monster on my leg" I think will give me a chuckle for ever.

We took a poor injured bird home, discovered and treated his injuries and expected him to die during the first night.

Just a small picture montage of the past 6 months, mainly for my own benefit LOL

http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/Oknuma/Batman/?action=view&current=DSCF4772.flv

http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/Oknuma/Batman/?action=view&current=DSCF4869.flv

Last edited:

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
:hug8:I had not known Batman's story. He looks like he has settled in quite nicely and a firm family member. :)

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
I love Batman's story - you sure can see how he has changed over time. It's amazing what love can do!:)

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
i love batmans story specially the part with the mommy theres a monster on my leg lol. batman has really changed a lot he looks a whole better feather wise then he did. also he doesnt look like the same bird when he is wet lol.you all have done a great job

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
he really has changed so much.
He was real lovey to hubby when he first got here and now although is obsessed with hubby he wont have cuddles or kisses anymore with him.
It was all on his terms when he got here and now he will allow some small petting as long as I read his body language.
He was a complete seed bird who had no foraging skills and now he loves his fruit/veg/pastas etc and can forage his rear off.
He had no idea how to play with toys and now he has a huge toy collection that is never left alone :D
all that in 6 months, cant wait to see what the next 6 will bring

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Awh, this is the first time i have heard his story, as well! He was lucky to find you, and you`re lucky to have the sweetie!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
he really has changed so much.
He was real lovey to hubby when he first got here and now although is obsessed with hubby he wont have cuddles or kisses anymore with him.
It was all on his terms when he got here and now he will allow some small petting as long as I read his body language.
He was a complete seed bird who had no foraging skills and now he loves his fruit/veg/pastas etc and can forage his rear off.
He had no idea how to play with toys and now he has a huge toy collection that is never left alone :D
all that in 6 months, cant wait to see what the next 6 will bring
It's so awesome. And, he is just such a beautiful bird!

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
I can't believe all the progress he's made in only 6 months! That's incredible! :dance5:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I love Batman :D

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Wow, what a fantastic "and they lived happily ever after" story! :D

Batman is adorable and I can't believe he's made so much progress! That just shows what good food, love and a good parront can do! :)

Do you have any idea why Batman doesn't have any flights or tail feathers? Does he have PBFD?

feebee

Jogging around the block

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :D

Wow, what a story! I'm very glad little Batman is now in safe (and caring!) hands. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
you know reading this story again has me weeping for joy...you are a truly amazing person and that Batman is sure lucky that he found you..and I believe there are no coincidences.....:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.