• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

41 days

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Someone had to have reported you to FB. The pics are not offensive or anything else but you get some goody two shoes who thinks it’s animal abuse and bam they report you because they are stupid. I have FB but it’s limited to friends and family only. It’s a way to keep in touch with pics & posts without needing to call or text all of the time. Other than that I keep it locked tight. Sux but you can’t trust people as well as you used to. You get one random jerk who feels like they are super people monitor and blah! They need to focus more on things like Craig’s List IMO :(
I´m 2000 miles from home so I use it for keeping in touch with family and old friends. I also use it to back up pictures. Yea, I´took some screen shots so if I locate them I may post a little storytime on here :laugh-bounce:

WhteRnbwBirdie

Hit the Road
Real Name
Erica
Adorable! What breed of bird is he?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It has now been 53 days.... :eek: Adelie is weaning super slowly too. He´s down to 3 formula feeds a day.

I am actually going to leave the house!!! :roflmao: I´m going to go for a bit of retail therapy, so maybe 3 hours out.

Let´s see if I remember how to human, out in the real world........

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
It has now been 53 days.... :eek: Adelie is weaning super slowly too. He´s down to 3 formula feeds a day.
Let´s see if I remember how to human, out in the real world........
HUUUMANS.... Just try not to chirp, head bob, or vomit on anyone and you should be fine. Also They probably won't accept your requests for a head scratch. Good luck out there :p:hilarious::wacky:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Remember, you can't squawk at or bite anyone who annoys you! Good luck :laugh:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm home. I did well.
It I couldn't stop thinking about little Adélie and ended up buying him a new bedtime buddy.
IMG_20190218_151057.jpg IMG_20190218_151047.jpg

Just try not to chirp, head bob,
Remember, you can't squawk
Let me tell u guys something... My boyfriend started a thing. He loves the sound Sydney makes when he's happy. A high pitched Pi-pew! So my boyfriend imitates it. He'll close his eyes tight shake his head side to side a little then open his eyes and let out the pi-pew!
When we are with friends or out in public he does it.... A lot! I call the pi-pew but without all the movements.... We must look bonkers. Our mates think we are mad,and they at least know why we do it. I'm sure strangers look at us and wonder what is wrong with us :lolsign:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Just try not to chirp, head bob, or vomit on anyone and you should be fine. Also They probably won't accept your requests for a head scratch.
Remember, you can't squawk at or bite anyone who annoys you!
You can't? Are you sure?
That will explain a lot...
When we are with friends or out in public he does it.... A lot! I call the pi-pew but without all the movements.... We must look bonkers. Our mates think we are mad,and they at least know why we do it. I'm sure strangers look at us and wonder what is wrong with us :lolsign:
In my word you are normal and all those people that think you are mad are the sad ones.
Life is to short. Enjoy every second of it and laugh and have fun as much as you can. :D
I have never listen to the sad ones that tells how you normally should behave.
And I will never accept them the way they are if they don't accept me. (I'm really crazy. BUT! I know it and I also think I'm proud of it in some strange way!)

Say Hi to your BF from me. :) He sounds like a person I would enjoy to meet IRL. :D

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
In my word you are normal and all those people that think you are mad are the sad ones.
Life is to short. Enjoy every second of it and laugh and have fun as much as you can. :D
I have never listen to the sad ones that tells how you normally should behave.
And I will never accept them the way they are if they don't accept me. (I'm really crazy. BUT! I know it and I also think I'm proud of it in some strange way!)
:D
I have found embracing my bird love has been the best thing in my life :)

I was called "chicken girl". People meant it to be sorta mean, but I didn't let it bug me. I was like.. frick yeah I am chicken girl. Designers paradox.. we are all terrible to each other, but also love stealing each other's ideas.

I ended up taking one of my coop designs to a competition in Copenhagen. Embracing the bird love is like the best thing ever. Ikea didn't end up buying my idea, but it is all good. The world will catch up!

Attachments

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
62 days of hand feeding little Adelie. Today he has eaten formula only twice and ate lots of millet.
He got there in the end. I´m sure he will be weaned by the end of the week :)

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Yay! Way to go little dude! He's so cute. Those baby feathers, and those baby eyes...:fairy2::faint::joyful:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I thought you where gonna say: "I´m sure he will be weaned by the end of the year."
Because then I can agree with you. :D

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I thought you where gonna say: "I´m sure he will be weaned by the end of the year."
Because then I can agree with you. :D
Hahaha yes... :roflmao:

I couldn´t start weaning him with the others as he was still featherless. So I added 2 weeks on as he seems to be behind (growth wise) about 1.5 weeks, so I started trying to wean him at 8.5 weeks with sprouts for a few days, but he was not for trying them. So I have resorted to my old faithful - millet. He went ham, and when i offered food in the evening, he did not take. So, so far so good :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
62 days of hand feeding little Adelie. Today he has eaten formula only twice and ate lots of millet.
Oh how naive I can be sometimes! :rofl:
When my other birds had tucked in to millet the way I saw Adelie eat, it was the turning point in wanting formula fed... But not Adelie. There was 2 days in a row of only wanting 2 formula feeds, then back to 3.
At this point I should know Adelie is very different to all my other birds.

It´s now day 71 ... Adelie is 11 weeks old tomorrow and being handfed 3 times a day. He´s enjoying trying new foods... not sprouted beans though :lol:
Still not had a real flight. Just hovering and fluttering. He has learned that if he is sitting on my head and wants to poop, he flutters over to the laptop and poops on the table... although not every time :blink:

The blue team doesn´t seem to be accepting him. I´m not sure if it is because he can´t fly well yet or something else. So well see in time what happens there but there is no connection between Adelie and his parents, at all. Jaime recognises Nube and Lapis as his offspring, and they recognise Aldora as their mum and race to her cage in the mornings. They fly as a unit. But Adelie goes into attack mode for them, as they do for him :(

Also someone said Adelie should be a girl.. and it sounds silly but since then, I have this feeling that Adelie is a she... maybe I´ll have him tested (I just don´t want to pull feathers)...

The longest I´ve been out the house since Christmas is a few hours. I´m ready to go for a big hike! I´m sooo looking forward to it.... Maybe by April I´ll be able to get out and about ... but who knows :roflmao:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
It´s now day 71
Do I dare to say: "I told you so!" :o:
He has learned that if he is sitting on my head and wants to poop, he flutters over to the laptop and poops on the table... although not every time :blink:
:rofl: It's always funny when it happens to someone else. :smuggrin:
Also someone said Adelie should be a girl..
It was me! I still think so. :)
The longest I´ve been out the house since Christmas is a few hours. I´m ready to go for a big hike! I´m sooo looking forward to it.... Maybe by April I´ll be able to get out and about ... but who knows :roflmao:
:tease: (sorry, can't help it.)

:bighug: You are a great parront! ♥
Remember that I told you that you can take her with you, it's not to early. If I where you I would have bought a Pack o bird or a Birdie pouch.
Or travel cage and a stroller if you prefer that. (that is what I have)

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Remember that I told you that you can take her with you, it's not to early. If I where you I would have bought a Pack o bird or a Birdie pouch.
On the topic of bird strollers, there was a video I saw on twitter, that was basically a bird stroller, with two levels (like one of those half-size shopping carts) and each level had a mesh-looking cage thing, with a pigeon in it. So there's an idea. There's also a page from the Pheonix Landing blog- parrot stroller – Phoenix Landing Blog

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Do I dare to say: "I told you so!" :o:
:facepalm: that´s what I was thinking before I even posted ahahaha

It was me! I still think so. :)
Yes.. I don´t know if it is just because you planted the seed, but I get a female feeling from Adelie.

I can´t make formula up a mountain or on a hike trail :(

I have a dog carry bag thing.. sounds bad, but it´s ok. Spacy, mesh all over, front door is mesh, back door is black. I´ll come back and edit in some pictures. I usually take Sydney out when I go walking as Sydney was the ¨loner¨. The other birds had buddys. But now I have 2 ¨loners¨... I tried to put the harness on Adelie but it was a no go. I may try again with a different harness in the future. There´s no reason I can´t take 2 birds up hiking.

IMG_20190226_150415.jpg Screenshot_20190226_150947_com.android.gallery3d.jpg IMG_20190226_150517.jpg IMG_20190226_150525.jpg IMG_20190226_150725.jpg

Last edited: