• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

4 Days in w/ Zephyr!

Nostromo

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Things are going great with our sweet gal! :swoon:

She has settled in remarkably well. She loves her pellets, and her constant huge poops reflect how well she's eating! Haha. She seems happy in her cage, although she hasn't shown much interest in the toys she has in there yet. Most of the day she spends out with us :) We've got her set up in a little area next to our chairs and she spends the majority of her day there with us or on top of her own cage. She is so friendly and sweet - loves to step up and get scritches! She is super playful and wants to chomp on whatever we're holding (including laptops & books!) I used a toilet paper roll and some paper towels to create a little toy for her, which of course she loves far more than any of the expensive toys we bought her :lol:

She loves my boyfriend. It's kind of hilarious; I prepare her food, change her papers, make sure she has fun things to play with... and as soon as my boyfriend swans in it's all chirps and step-up and scritches! :rolleyes: Oh well. I can't blame her - I think he's pretty cool too!

I'm a student so she's gonna have lots of time with us during the day until the end of August when I start back (at which point she'll be home alone during the workday for 4 days a week). She loves carrots and broccoli, and I sprouted some red lentils for her - a huge hit! Anyways, just wanted to share our success with y'all :laugh: So far she's just been a dream come true. I'm sure there will be some bumps along the way but we're feeling pretty lucky at the moment!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great update! :)
Oh well. I can't blame her - I think he's pretty cool too!
♥♥♥
I'm a student so she's gonna have lots of time with us during the day until the end of August when I start back (at which point she'll be home alone during the workday for 4 days a week).
For her sake don't give her so much time now. She will be very sad when you leave her in August. She will not understand why you don't want to be with her anymore.
You don't want her to feel that she is being neglected.
So leave her alone in her cage every day, for her sake. :)
She is so friendly and sweet
Why do you think I have two? :D

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Breath the fresh air, while it lasts! :)