• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

3 month old cockatiel won't wean

sydneytiel

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Dana
Hi everybody, I am hand raising my grandma's new cockatiel, Coco, and he refuses to wean even though he is 3 months old. I've noticed that he sometimes eats a little millet or seeds that I have put in his cage, but still screams and asks for food. I feel like I've tried everything! I would appreciate some advice, thank you so much beforehand! :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That´s ok. Just carry on feeding the formula and offering adult foods. He will wean eventually when he´s ready :)

How many feeds are you doing, how many CCs, how much does you bird weigh, and what feeding schedule?

sydneytiel

Real Name
Dana
That´s ok. Just carry on feeding the formula and offering adult foods. He will wean eventually when he´s ready :)

How many feeds are you doing, how many CCs, how much does you bird weigh, and what feeding schedule?
I feed him every morning at 9 and every evening also at 9, around 15ml (even though he sometimes eats less). He weighs 66g (and I think his parents were small)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Your bird should be given 7CC per feeding session. If they are still hungry after, you can give an extra 1CC, but it´s good they try eating adult foods right after the formula instead.

sydneytiel

Real Name
Dana
Your bird should be given 7CC per feeding session. If they are still hungry after, you can give an extra 1CC, but it´s good they try eating adult foods right after the formula instead.
Okay thank you!! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle