• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

29 gallon + eel pictures

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I have a 29g tank, I want to upgrade to a 50g at some point, it would be nice for my peacock eel to be a 50g when he gets bigger.
This is a pic of my 29g.
20200507_172851.jpg

I have 2 silvertip tetras, 3 black neons, 3 neons, 1 bloodfin tetra, 1 head and tail light tetra, 1 diamond tetra, 1 xray tetra, and 1 flame tetra. I also have a bristlenose pleco, a koi plaket betta, and a peacock spiney eel in this tank. My mixed school of tetras is a result of losing some.

Here are some pics of the residents of the tank. 20200507_112053.jpg 20200412_222345.jpg

And of course, the star of my tank my eel! I love my eel. 20200318_102520.jpg 20200318_223328.jpg
and this one is my favorite. 20200320_125207.jpg

Can't wait to get a larger tank, I would love to keep this little fella for a long time.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Your tank is gorgeous! Is it planted or are those fake? I LOVE this!!

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Your tank is gorgeous! Is it planted or are those fake? I LOVE this!!
Planted. I don't have any fake plants in my 3 tanks. All are real, I love them! I had hornwort in them at one point, but decided that it was a living nightmare and will never have hornwort again. Threw them out once the became nothing but brown stems. Wish I had known that hornwort sheds before I bought 4 bunches of it. Lol. The

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Planted. I don't have any fake plants in my 3 tanks. All are real, I love them! I had hornwort in them at one point, but decided that it was a living nightmare and will never have hornwort again. Threw them out once the became nothing but brown stems. Wish I had known that hornwort sheds before I bought 4 bunches of it. Lol. The
Hornwort is something else. Hate that stuff too, i love planted tanks! And so good for everyone in the tanks too! I'm in the midst on deciding for plants for the 55g divided betta tank I'm making right now. Do you have any c02 set ups, I've never had one of those but they've always interested me.

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Hornwort is something else. Hate that stuff too, i love planted tanks! And so good for everyone in the tanks too! I'm in the midst on deciding for plants for the 55g divided betta tank I'm making right now. Do you have any c02 set ups, I've never had one of those but they've always interested me.
I don't have a c02 set up.
I have an air stone, I thought it would be cool. My eel likes to play in the bubbles.
For plants java ferns are great. I have some, and crested Java ferns. Both of them had reproduced and I went from 2 of each, to between 4-8 of each. Crested Java fern is the one that over took my 10g with the amount of planets in it. I would love to get java moss, or dwarf baby tears. Some kind of carpeting plant. The moss would look good on my mountain decoration.
The java ferns are my favorite, they are easy to keep.

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Nice setup! How big with the eel get?

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I don't have a c02 set up.
I have an air stone, I thought it would be cool. My eel likes to play in the bubbles.
For plants java ferns are great. I have some, and crested Java ferns. Both of them had reproduced and I went from 2 of each, to between 4-8 of each. Crested Java fern is the one that over took my 10g with the amount of planets in it. I would love to get java moss, or dwarf baby tears. Some kind of carpeting plant. The moss would look good on my mountain decoration.
The java ferns are my favorite, they are easy to keep.
Monte Carlo is a really pretty carpet plant!! I LOVE baby tears they are gorgeous.