• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 Yellow-naped Amazons looking for a home

KatRaft

Checking out the neighborhood
Yellow-naped Amazons in search of a new home. This "pair" has not been sexed. They share a cage and get along very well and must stay together. They are not hand tame. Their names are Charlie and Rosa. Located in Reno, NV.

Charlie came to our home first after his elderly owner passed away. Charlie is said to be over 70 years old now. He is in good health. Currently been on a diet of pellets and fresh food for the last 10 years, before that diet is unknown. He is calm and happily stays on a cage or perch setup. He is shy and timid of people. Will not step up on a hand but will sometimes step up on a stick/perch. He is not a screamer, mostly jibber-jabber noises and a few words. Rosa was rescued to give Charlie companionship.

Rosa is of unknown age. She has many issues. Health-wise she is healthy but has an air sac under her eye which is inflated. Our vet said while this can be drained it isn't in her best interest since it isn't causing her pain and it's not worth the infection. It goes up and down and it's just always there not seeming to bother her. She is also missing her tail feathers, I don't b elieve she plucked these - I have a feeling the previous owner used her tail to "wrangle" her into er cage.She has been on a pellet and fresh food diet since she been with us ~10 years, before that I believe she was on a seed diet.

Rosa is NOT tame, and very aggressive with people. She will literally chase you around the house and latch on with her beak. Her previous living situation was not a happy one, we think they chased her with brooms or whatever to attempt to get her back in the cage. This is probably how she developed the broken air sac on her face. According to the last owner, she was a tame nice bird before she aquired this bird and she could be handled by the previous own er and even kids. But alas she herself was NOT a bird person and couldn't handle her properly resulting in a traumatized parrot. She will not stay on an open cage and will wander off and destroy. She is not a screamer, has some whistles and mostly oooohs and aaahhhhs.

Rosa has never hurt Charlie they get along very well and she has definitely been a spark in Charlie's life. Now that they are a duo, Charlie will follow Rosa off the cage and help with destruction. Whereas before Charlie just sat on the cage bored all day. Charlie has not picked up Rosa's bad temper, he's just the same shy timid bird he has been.

They share a large cage which will go with them. "Adoption fee" is the cost of the cage. Looking for a great home for these two. They would love an outdoor space where they could babble, play and be enjoyed for who they are.

As challenging as this pair seems, They are very content to be together and don't require the human attention most birds crave. They have had a relaxed healthy life the last 10 years. I'm re-homing them because we are expecting our second child soon and my own parrot isn't able to get the attention he deserves. Again these two MUST stay together.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They are pretty birds. I hope you can find a good home for them.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Best wishes for these two.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Let us know where you are so suitable homes close by can contact you. Okay, your other post says Reno Nevada so there's the location for anyone interested that missed the other post:)

Last edited: